View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, it's better to look out for others; however, in some circumstances it is not selfish to prioritize oneself.

I prioritized my ex's health and wellbeing over my own and it nearly got me killed lol When I was trying to help his psychological and mental state i.e. arranging therapist meetings, trying to get him a job, etc. he grew lazy and didn't have any motivation to help himself, too. Everything I did was never good enough and only enraged him further to the point of physical violence and police intervention.

In that scenario, I should've looked out for myself, especially after noticing that my ex's behaviour was abnormal and he was refusing to support himself or have initiative to improve his own situation.

However, as seen above, way too often my priorities are more for someone else than for myself, which is why in the dating game now I'm not going to focus on one person / put all my eggs in one basket. My happiness is important, too, and I refuse to again be taken advantage of or treated like smut because someone else is unhappy with themselves.
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun