Thread: [Discussion] Autism
View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Getting mad about people using the word "autistic" as an insult is as bad as getting mad about people using the word "retarded" as an insult. People who get mad about these things irritate me. Either they're not actually upset and just want to put themselves on a pedestal so they can feel good about themselves, or they're actually upset in which case they need to mellow out and realize using words as an insult does not mean you find the associated concepts insulting. Political correctness has made everything less fun in general, as you have to watch what you say at all times for fear of upsetting someone, like that's something that needs to be avoided. When I was a kid, if something upset you, you were told to "get over it." What ever happened to that?

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS