View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Windows CE...don't even get me started on that. Two years ago, my sister got an entry-level laptop for a Christmas gift, in which my parents did not consult me first before they bought it . I mean, the laptop was in perfect shape and it was great for my little sister. But the OS had Internet Explorer FOUR installed, and you canNOT install anything on the computer, not even upgrade the browser to the current Internet Explorer version. The computer was impossible to use, all the crappy apps installed on the computer were the only things you can use, there was also a Word version but it was more of notepad rather than actual WORD.
Strange. Internet Explorer 4, two years ago? I'm pretty sure at that point of time, new Windows CE devices should come with at least IE7, and maybe IE9 Mobile is already made available then.

I suspect the Windows CE laptop you've gotten wasn't new.

Also, Windows CE is actually, technically speaking, a kernel. It's also what's behind Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7.x - it's the latter part that I'd like to bring your attention to. It's one of the few mobile operating systems that can make great use of limited system resources, and it flies.

(Windows Phone 8.x moved to Windows NT.)