View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Well, Red's dropped the friendzone bomb haha...

Okay, on topic. Quite frankly we are, in general, psychologically predisposed to go through weird phases in our lives where we get along better with our own or with mixed genders (I'll add a citation later if I can be bothered going through my Child Development text book). Basically when we are really young, we don't care, then in our primary/elementary school years we tend to gravitate more to our own gender and then once we hit adolescence we tend to have more diverse groups again as far as gender is concerned.

Do I believe that this is a steadfast rule? Not really, I view it more as a developmental trend personally.

Honestly though, I have almost always gotten along better with girls/women than with males. Whether it is children I have worked with, elderly people I've had a chat with or within my social circle I have always gelled better with the female species females. I don't think there is any real reason for this, I think it is just how life as turned out. I tend to care about the personality of the person a lot more than their gender - or anything else really.

As for the whole "sexual undertones" thing - that can be present even in social groups where most people are of the same gender because homosexuality exists.

In short, I really don't think it matters in the slightest and I wrote this response way too much like I would in debates instead of a chit-chat one.