Thread: [Pokémon] Four Paws [Rated T] (Complete)
View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Chapter 5
Hey, look. There's a burning dog running at me.

I should be afraid. I really should be, but then again, why should I be? I was once human, and I've learned a lot of things back then. One of them was how to fend off a crazy dog. If it was only one dog, then it's not a good idea to run. Instead, stand your ground and be quick. If the dog jumps, kick it. If it doesn't, hop to the side and kick it. If it stops and just barks at you, slowly walk away.

...that last part doesn't work often, but whatever.

Anyway, I think Lithe's using Flare Blitz.

I pretty much grew up with the first three generation Pokémon games before life decided to make me busy to stay updated with the latest games. Even so, I still managed to update myself with what was going on in the world of Pokémon. Anyway...

Flare Blitz is a physical type of move, so I'm pretty sure Lithe's likely to tackle me and burn me to a crisp.

Anyway, I simply dug a paw and kicked the ground towards his angry. He yelped as he closed his eyes, but he gritted his teeth and continued running towards me, so I leaned my body to the side, and let the burning Growlithe trip on my feet, and he fell on the ground...hard...and he skidded until he fell to the pond.

...the few seconds, the quiet air was filled with a sizzling-kind of noise...

A few more seconds later, Lithe resurfaced and cried that the water was too cold and needed help.

I heard a sigh, and before I could move my head, I saw two green vines extended towards him and wrapped around him. The Bulbasaur grunted quietly as he began to lift the coughing Growlithe out of the water, and gently dropped him on the edge of the pond.

I felt something tapping my back. It was a vine, and the Bulbasaur smiled at me. “Good job.” He then frowned as he faced the coughing and shivering Growlithe. “Lithe...”

“Alright, alright,” Lithe whined, and coughed, “I'm going, I'm going... Ugh...” He stood up slowly, and weakly shook the water off of him. A few drops of water rained on me, but I didn't mind. He then glared at them, and then gave a longer and fiercer glare at me. “I'm getting you for this...”

I furrowed my bro. Great. Fine. As soon as I meet Celebi, I'm going home instantly. I wanted to say something, but Lithe yelped, startling me a bit, and he suddenly levitated up, and above the pond.

“Okay, okay! I'm sorry!” he cried. “I won't bother you guys again! I promise!”

“How many times has he said those exact lines, Fay?” Vixie asked while glaring at the flailing Growlithe above the pond.

The Rattata sat up and brought a paw on her chin as she looked skyward. “Hm... Twenty-two times...”

The Pikachu sighed. “Let him go.”

With a nod, the Bulbasaur lets go, and Lithe fell to the water again.

The Pikachu slapped a paw to his blackened face. “I meant ‘bring him back to the ground’, Saur...”

Saur, on the other hand, grinned as he pulled the Growlithe out of the pond again. “Uh...oops?”

“And you call me the sarcastic one,” the Pikachu shook his head.

As soon as Lithe was back on dry land again, he actually cried and ran to a direction.

It was quiet once again, and I looked around, and noticed that every eye were on us. Majority are on...me... I actually felt my two ears fall flat behind my head as I lowered myself closer to the ground, hoping to hide myself.

Suddenly, there was a clapping noise. I slightly followed with my head where it came from.

The Pikachu clapped his hands loud for every attention to fall on him. “Okay, show's over. Go back to your own businesses!”

And then the forest was back to normal.

Another sigh escaped the Pikachu's lips as he walked towards the edge of the pond and started cleaning his face.

While Fay and Vixie talked to each other, Saur sat beside me and smiled.

“Thanks.”

I blinked. “...for what?”

He faced the pond, still wearing the smile on his face. “I did told you that you're gonna help us. So thanks.”

I blinked. I blinked again, and again. I shook my head. “You're not making sense. Since when did you told me that I'm gonna help...” I...trailed off... And I blinked again. “Wa-wait... You knew that was gonna happen?”

He shrugged. “No. I'm not a psychic-type, y'know.”

I frowned, and shook my head. “You're a weird Bulbasaur.”

“And you're a hungry Eevee.”

I arched an eyebrow. “Eh? No I'm...” but apparently, my stomach decided to side with the one I'm arguing with. Great, thanks belly! “O-okay, I guess I am...” But I furrowed my brow and poked him on his shoulder. “But I'll be watching you. You're probably Mew in disguise or something.”

Saur blinked, and then faced me with a confused frownd. “Mew? What's a Mew?”

I blinked, and tilted my head to the side. I shook my head. “Never mind. So...”

Food. I need food, I guess. But wait...

“This is Celebi's pond, right?”

“Yes,” the Pikachu answered as he stood beside Saur. “I thought we told you that already.”

I ignored the last sentense he spoke. “So... Is...” He? She? ...it? “...Celebi gonna show up soon?”

“What made you think Celebi's gonna show up?” Fay, the Rattata, asked, as she and Vixie sat with their friends in front of me. “Do you know her or something?”

Celebi's a ‘she’ then. “Well, not really, but...uh...”

“But...?” Vixie asked.

I...looked away. Do I need to have a good reason to meet with Celebi or something? Is that a requirement? “I...just needed to ask her something...in private.”

“If you're gonna ask her to be your mate, then you'd better flirt with the moon instead,” Fay said with a smile, and then chuckled.

I actually snapped my head to face her. “That's NOT what I wanted to ask her!”

“Oh, but your red face says otherwise!” Fay teased, and my eye actually twitched.

“Fay, shut up,” thank you Pikachu. Hey, that actually rhymed! “Anyway, Celebi hasn't shown up for almost two months now. So I doubt you could talk to her, even if you wanted to. The best way for you to do right now, if you really need to talk to her, is for you to wait for her to come back.”

I frowned. “Almost two months...? Is...is she in some sort of time travel adventure or something?”

Four blank faces and four pairs of blinking eyes.

I sighed. “Never mind. Can we have some grub instead?”