View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:26 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Anyone who doesn't have a severe glandular issue (which can usually be fixed with medicine; if not, plastic surgery is an option) can choose to become healthy and attractive by eating right and setting up a proper exercise regiment. Don't blame others for your own lack of determination. If you choose to be fat, that's fine, but there are consequences to living that lifestyle. Take responsibility for your actions and own up to it. As long as people aren't outright insulting you about it, they're doing nothing wrong and you're just projecting your own problems onto others.

If they are outright insulting you about it, tough luck. There are jerks in the world and they will be jerks regardless of your appearance. Grow some skin.

EDIT:
Post comment by Anonymous
"Grow some skin." Bro, he made it clear that this kinda talk is what turns him off.

I feel like you completely skipped over everything else I wrote. No matter who you are or what you look like, there are going to be people in the world who are going to be rude to you. This is part of life, and if you do not adapt and learn to cope with it, you are going to be in for rough times. This is even more true if you're going to engage in a lifestyle that people tend to make fun of. That's just reality; some people are jerks, especially if you're different. Either you find a way to deal with it (e.g., by growing some skin) or you'll end up way too stressed over what a few idiots think of you. At the end of the day, what should matter is your own opinion, anyway. If you're fine with the way you're living your life, you shouldn't really care what some random jerk thinks. If you're not fine with it, then try to change your lifestyle to something you can be proud of. If you're having trouble, then sure, reach out and try to ask for help. Someone like that who is trying to better themselves, I have no problems helping along.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS

Last edited by twocows; August 6th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.