View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Princess of the Law

Nature: Quiet
I can understand why a lot of people who are thin would see obese and overweight people as using the excuse of "medical issues" or "glandular problems" to justify why they are the way they are. However, I've rarely seen this practiced by overweight and obese people that I've known and worked with; usually it's because of upbringing, emotional/mental problems, or some other factor. Yes, we can have control over our bodies, but after a certain point we are relatively helpless. Ever tried dieting? If you have, you've probably experienced the yo-yo effect of losing weight and gaining it back, usually with more pounds added. I've tried over twenty different diets in my short lifetime, and although I'm not obese (I'm about 20lbs overweight) I've had extreme issues losing weight and keeping it off. At some point, a lot of people simply give up because what they've tried hasn't worked. You can tell someone to "suck it up" or "grow a thicker skin" or "just do it, it isn't that hard" but the truth of the matter is the exact opposite. It IS very difficult.