View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2013 (02:27 PM). Edited July 27th, 2013 by droomph.
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by PJBottomz:
Fat shaming is ridiculous. It's no one's damn business if someone isn't the same weight as them. "Why do you care if he's bigger than you? Oh, that guy has meat on his bones? Wow, how insulting! How dare he actually be a healthy weight while you look like a walking wheat chaff!"

People are so stupid. >.<
There's a difference between "healthy-looking fat" and "obese fat".

Being overweight not only is very bad for your health, it doesn't look too attractive or "healthy" either.

Fat shaming is when we ridicule obese or overweight people.

Quote originally posted by twocows:
You're terrible at guessing. There are, in fact, people who have worked through some of those problems and come out stronger for it, and I happen to be one of them. I'm not even particularly strong-willed. Please don't make assumptions.

If they are not able to take care of themselves, they should be in a care facility, not out in the world causing problems.

None of this excuses you for taking responsibility for your own actions. We are not mere beasts, acting purely on whim and instinct. We are human, we have the unique ability to self-determine. You can make whatever excuses you want, but ultimately, the decision of what to do with your life resides with you. If you choose to overeat, that's fine, so long as you understand the consequences and are all right with them. If you don't want to deal with those, then you take steps to deal with your weight problem. Own up to your life choices, because you're the one making them. Not me, not them, not society, not the government, not your genetics. You.

It's a problem people need to work through because nearly everyone deals with it at some point. It's a part of growing up. Coddling people and putting them in their own private hugbox just insulates them and doesn't prepare them for the harsh reality of the world: some people are jerks and you just have to deal with it. Not everything is rainbows and sunshine. Yet another reason why you need to own up to your choices. if you've done what is right for you, you have nothing to be ashamed of.
I feel like you have all the right to think whatever you want, but here's the catch: did you help anybody overcome any of these problems? If so, great. If not, you have no right to say any of this.

(And it doesn't have to even have made a direct difference. It could be simply forcing a friend to go to the gym even though he doesn't want to, or complimenting him on how much better he's looking now that he's trying to lose weight.)