View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Oh, there's a lot of quotes that have got so many cogs moving inside of my head that I'd not do the rest any justice by just picking one. Nonetheless, here are some of my favourites, which have led me to, at least at some point, alter my entire view on myself, those around me, and life and the universe, morals, values, whatever. They've shapen me as much as I wish I could shape my dearest friends around me:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~ C.S. Lewis

"The process of becoming friends with someone -- this is what friendship is to me -- is physically removing all of that constructed emotional puddy that we make ourselves pretty to the world with and uncovering all of those rusted edges beneath, and then actually continuing to like that person, not just in spite of all that asymmetry, but because of it." ~ Hank Green

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGmAekTPD5c" ~ Hank Green
(Literally every single second in this video could have been quoted and put here as an inspirational quote that I try to live by as well, but I am not gonna copy a whole video's dialogue, and that's okay too.)

"Humans -- who enslave, castrate, experiment on, and fillet other animals -- have had an understandable penchant for pretending animals do not feel pain. A sharp distinction between humans and 'animals' is essential if we are to bend them to our will, make them work for us, wear them, eat them -- without any disquieting tinges of guilt or regret. It is unseemly of us, who often behave so unfeelingly toward other animals, to contend that only humans can suffer. The behavior of other animals renders such pretensions specious. They are just too much like us." ~ Carl Sagan

"Pika Pi" ~ Pikachu

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."