View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:34 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
July 28, 2013

I haven’t done too much Pokémon training lately, but have kept the same five Pokémon with me these last few weeks. This morning, my Swablu evolved into an Altaria! I decided it was a sign that I need to get back to exploring eastern Unova.

248. Altaria

I did some exploring among the rocks of Undella Bay, and found the last type plate I was looking for, the Splash Plate! With that, my collection of type plates is complete. On the way back to Undella Town, a trainer challenged me to a battle. I figured it would be a good opportunity to have my Altaria try out its new moves and power. The other trained had two powerful evolved Pokémon with her that I had yet to see in Unova!

“Pelipper, the Water Bird Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wingull. Pelipper are messengers of the skies, carrying small Pokémon and eggs to safety in their bills. Skimming the water’s surface, they dip these large bills in the sea, scoop up food and water, and carry it.”

“Starmie, the Mysterious Pokémon, and the evolved form of Staryu. Starmie have a core at the center of their bodies that shine in many colors. This core sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky to communicate with something.”

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, and left my Pokémon with Nurse Joy while I went off to a picnic for the afternoon. That evening, I returned to find them all rested and happy after their treatment, and decided to head north to Route 13 to explore some new areas!

Route 13 was a lush, seaside area. I battled a few trainers and wild Pokémon there. One of the first wild Pokémon I encountered was a Tangela! I had my Altaria weaken it with a few Dragonbreath attacks, and then tossed a Poké Ball, but no luck. The little ball of vines was stubborn, because it took over 20 Poké Balls before I actually managed to catch it! It now makes a sixth member of my current team.

249. Tangela

A short while later while I was up on a hill, I found a large stone that started to move! Who’s that Pokémon? It’s a Lunatone! I haven’t seen one of these in a while. I battled it with Altaria just like before, but this time also had my new Tangela use Stun Spore to paralyze it as well. Route 13 must breed some really stubborn Pokémon, because it took just under 20 Poké Balls before Lunatone was caught!

“Lunatone, the Meteorite Pokémon. Lunatone are active on the night of a full moon. The phase of the moon apparently has some effect on their power.”

250. Lunatone

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, where I not only rested my team, but also restocked on Poké Balls after my two challenging captures. Lunatone was sent to Professor Juniper for the time being.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 23 Obtained 4
Kalos Medals: 75
Kalos Ribbons: 6