View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOp814 View Post
Ok, I've got a question for ya. My girlfriend and I are going through Ruby and Sapphire using the My Boy paid version emulator. While trying to link Ruby and Sapphire, we got an error saying that they needed to be the same game.

Is that true, can you only link Sapphire to Sapphire and Ruby to Ruby?

Sounds kinda lame since the reason we got different ones was so we could eventually trade Pokemon that don't exist in each other's games.
This is probably an error on part of the developer(s?) of MyBoy. Your best bet is to either hack the header on both ROMs to have the same game code (something like DERP or BPRE to keep is simple) using a tool until the issue is fixed. You might also want to report the bug to the developers of the actual app so that in the future editing the ROM header won't be required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmandude View Post
Well that's too bad... Anyways its better than nothing...
I hope the DS emulator for Android is improved...
It works too slow on low end devices.
Usually when your emulating another processor, it takes about ten times the processing power, plus a little more depending on if it also has a dedicated graphics card built in among other things. The DS had two ARM processors, one at 67MHz, and one at 30MHz. Thus, it will most likely take a 1GHz processor or more to keep it running smooth enough so that it's playable.

Last edited by Shiny Quagsire; July 30th, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.