• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Shaf

Lonely MadNooB Trainer
Years
I encountered and also had some shinies.. but.. It was a spanish ROM and I never had the save file (CRYING) [WUMPH!WUMPH! Mamma Mia!]

Still I caught a shiny Dustox near The Day Care in Pokemon Ruby!
In Sky pillar I caught the Dusclops... and Banette..but that was in Sapphire I guess!

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
let's just say when the guy in Petalburg Woods asked if i'd seen any shroomish I happened to run into one of a different colour :P Boy was I surprised.

symes7

Deity
Years
My first and only shiny was in Firered, Just started my game and found a gold Rattata, managed to catch it and still have it to this day.

Years
Couple years ago I caught Pidgeotto in Five Island (Thank heavens it didn't use whirlwind), then a day later Spearow in Route 3. Since then I haven't encountered any shinies in Gen III games.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
It was a seel in the 3rd gen but my first ever Shiny was a geodude in FR

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
ive never seen a wild shiny pokemon in all my years of any game (besides red gyados in G/S/C/HG/SS), but while at the battle tower in firered, I battles a trainer with a shiny Espeon!

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
ive never seen a wild shiny pokemon in all my years of any game (besides red gyados in G/S/C/HG/SS), but while at the battle tower in firered, I battles a trainer with a shiny Espeon!

Huh, I'd never heard of a trainer with a shiny before now. I wonder if that means battle tower teams are generated like normal wild pokemon?

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Ive encountered one on my own game. Besides an emulator. It was in Pokemon Silver. I know that this is about the III Gen. But yeah. It was a Golbat. I knew there was something different about him but i only had my masterball and i didn't to waste it. Stupid i know. But i was like 12.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
My first (and only) shiny encounter was a Zigzagoon on Emerald right after you get your starter. So naturally, I got really excited only to find I didn't have any Pokéballs yet. I was extremely disappointed.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
My first was a shiny Swablu. Then another shiny Swablu on the next playthrough. I also had a shiny Poochyena back in the day. My only other shiny is Misdreavus in Soul Silver.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2021
My very first shiny was in Ruby back when i was in 7th grade, maybe. It was a Marril. I didnt know what shinies were at the time, so when a green Marril popped up i was like "WHAT?" and i tried to catch it like crazy, i dont remember if i actually succeeded...

PureAurorae

Comrade
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
First I saw was probably Geodude on Emerald. That was about 7 orso years ago. It used self- destruct I believe.

The first I caught was a Ponyta on my FireRed version, and after around 5 years, I still have it.

Years
I also remember a shiny Aipom in Safari zone. It ran away after first Safari ball and I broke my DS Phat that day out of anger if I remember. Truly one of the worst days of my life, all because of some programming troll.

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
Years
My first shiny Pokémon was a Spearow in LeafGreen. I evolved it into a Fearow, and life was good. On a playthrough of FireRed, I caught a shiny Geodude in Mt. Moon. I don't have either of the files anymore, though -_-

Bladewing

Swords for feathers since '98!
Years
First shiny ever was a Ponyta in Mt. Ember in Firered.
I accidentaly the K.O.

The first one I caught on the other hand was a Voltorb in Emerald.
It was not quite as impressive looking.

Back