View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
July 29, 2013

I did some more training on Route 13, and I ran into a wild Solrock! I managed to catch this Pokémon with a lot less trouble than the ones I caught yesterday.

“Solrock, the Meteorite Pokémon. Solrock are rumored to be from the sun. Solar energy is the source of their power, so they are strong during the daytime. When they spin, their bodies give off light.”

251. Solrock

August 4, 2013

I was training both my Grimer in some double battles on an island on Route 13, and my Grimer evolved into a Muk!

“Muk, the Sludge Pokémon, and the evolved form of Grimer. Muk have bodies that contain toxic fluids that seep from their bodies. The fluid instantly kills plants and trees on contact when they pass by.”

252. Muk

Back at the Pokémon Center, I received a pleasant surprise. Though it’s been months since my last one, I received a new medal towards the medal rally!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 81/107
New Medals:
Pass Power ↑↑↑

I then finally rotated my Pokémon. It’s been long overdue. I took along my recently caught Lunatone and Solrock, and also had Lucario, Heracross, and Jolteon sent to me. Along with my shiny Grimer, it’s time to explore more of Route 13!

We found another Hidden Grotto, had a rotation battle and a triple battle, and finally I reached a new location: Lacunosa Town! My Pokémon were pretty worn out, so I headed directly for the Pokémon Center. Bianca and Professor Juniper were there. While Nurse Joy was treating my Pokémon, I sat down to talk with them.

“I’m here to investigate a weather occurrence that I think is tied into an old legend,” began the professor. “A long time ago, a large meteor came from the sky containing a terrifying monster. It is said that at night the monster would appear in town along with the cold winds and take away humans and Pokémon to eat them. Eventually, the residents of the town surrounded Lacunosa Town in a wall to keep the monster out and people were encouraged to stay in their homes at night.”

“Is that why the streets are so empty right now?” asked Bianca.

“I think the residents follow the old customs whether or not they believe this old folktale,” responded Professor Juniper.

“So a Pokémon that came from a rock, essentially,” I summarized. “Could this just be a version of the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom, where the meteorite is just the Light Stone or the Dark Stone?”

“Until we look into more deeply, it would be hard to say anything about that.” The professor pointed out the window. “The meteorite was said to have landed in the area now known as the Giant Chasm. Take into account that elements from the same era were found in Dragonspiral Tower, where Reshiram and Zekrom were, and it could be a piece of the puzzle.”

“Drayden might know more about it,” Bianca suggested. “Opelucid City isn’t too far from here, we can always ask him.”

After we talked a bit more, I took my Poké Balls from Nurse Joy, and went back to Route 13 for some training. I came upon a small group of wild Tangela, who were making their home among the trees with a large Tangrowth!

“Tangrowth, the Vine Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tangela. Tangrowth have arms made of plants that bind themselves to things. They regenerate quickly if cut.”

I also ran into a wild Cobalion on the Route! I was surprised to see it, but was able to battle it with my Pokémon, and I caught it in an Ultra Ball.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 106 Obtained 85
Kalos Medals: 83
Kalos Ribbons: 11