View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
Ambushwhack

I originally created my account to download Pokemon Fulligin, Dark Rising, and/or Light Platinum. I forget which one, actually. I also created my account to keep tabs on Pokemon Litharreon as it progresses.

That said, I am working on my first ROM hack now. In fact, I found this thread while browsing, trying to see if I could get a couple questions answered. And thoroughly reading all the rules for the various hacking sub-forums to make sure I don't dive in and waste a thread creation. I'm really liking the mapping aspect and designing a plot. I'm hopeless at scripting though.
I'm currently teaching myself about ROM hacking to make my first hack. It stars a lab aide whose professor was kidnapped to help make Mewtwo. The same team also wants the aide's Kabuto(ps) to upgrade into a Genesect. Dark Fakemon evolutions and hybrids will also play a central role to the villainous Team Helix. Currently I'm fairly confident with YAPE and AdvanceMap. In a few weeks I'm likely to start putting a team together. I suck at spriting, and I can't understand the scripting tutorials.