View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
So, did you like the feature of roaming Pokémon?

No, I absolutely hate this feature. The combination of, well, roaming, and ending the battle ASAP by roaring or running away really irritates me. I am one of the crazy people who try to complete the National Dex, so it's not something I can just shrug off.

Do you want it brought back in Gen VI?

No.

What would you change about them?

If I had a choice, I would at least remove the roaming Pokémon's ability to run away or Roar, finding them once is painful enough as it is, I hate having to do that over and over again.

Or, as an alternative, the game should make available as many Master Balls as there are roaming Pokémon.

But, IMHO, Black 2/White 2 already did the best possible thing to the roaming Pokémon: they removed them.

Would you perhaps make it so paralysis and sleep would make them stay in the battle until they wake up?

As I said, I would make them completely unable to escape on their own no matter the status.

What was your favourite method of capturing them?

Throwing the Master Ball.

Bonus Question: Do you think GF should have paid more attention to the two glitches that appeared in Gen III's dog (and Lati) roamers? For those that don't know there are two glitches; one that affects the roamers in RS and FRLG this glitch makes it so the roamers will have extremely low IV's and the other is purely for FRLG where if the player encounters Entei or Raikou they can Roar to flee; if they do they will disappear from the game forever. Emerald is unaffected by any of this.

I never cared about EV/IV as I don't fight online, and by the time I catch the roaming legendaries, my Pokémon are already very strong. I only catch the roaming legendaries to complete the Pokédex.

The Roar glitch is a bummer for sure, but if you don't care about completing National Pokédex or have Pokémon Colosseum (where you can catch Raikou, Entei and Suicune in one playthrough) it's not critical. Also, using the Master Ball to catch the roamer renders this point moot.