View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013 (09:08 AM). Edited August 11th, 2013 by TRIFORCE89.
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've been playing through this. Almost done. Currently prepping for the Round 2 Elite Four battle. Overall, big thumbs up. It feels very professional. The new events feel like they're supposed to be there or that they were always there. The location placement for Pokemon feels correct. The GB Player adds a terrific level of nostalgia. This is now my preferred version of playing this game - be it Gen I or Gen III. This hack is definitive.

With that said, I do have a few questions and suggestions.

1) Where is the map mentioned in the first post for Pokemon that evolve through trade? I haven't been able to locate it. To compensate... I cheated a bit and used a save editor and pretended to execute in-game trades where appropriate based on the Yellow and Japanese Blue versions. If that map isn't there, maybe you can add these trades into the game itself instead?
From Yellow: Ricky the Machoke/Machamp on Route 5
From Japanese Blue: Spectre the Haunter/Gengar in Cerulean City, and Terra the Graveler/Golem on Cinnabar Island
Still lacking an Alakazam though...

2) A couple of times I encountered broken items. Once a ???? in my bag, and once in my PC. Also "?35" Antidotes in my PC. Not sure though if this was related to the hack itself, or more the save editing mentioned above to get those traded Pokemon.

3) Responding to the Mew and Celebi poll above... maybe Mew would fit in Celadon Mansion? If the events from other games can't be added.

4) Probably too much effort to accomplish something so petty, but any chance of having the GB Player be in stereo for the Kanto music? It is for the Johto music, which is good. And Yellow had three different stereo modes that you could use for inspiration (my preferences is Stereo1)

5) Is there an event for the other Hitmon you don't select that I haven't uncovered yet? Or do we just evolve a Tyrogue?

6) I encountered a Raikou on the map in Altering Cave. It just roared. The screen flashed black and then it was gone from the map. No battle. Is that correct?

Overall though, this was really well done and impressive.