Thread: [Idea] Pokémon Ambient
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:32 AM
SereneAmbience
Founder of Pokémon Ambient

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Hunter View Post
Will u follow the lore of the anime like crystal onix, or real problems like people trying to scam you with magic karp and feebas or pickpocket you or different environments where poke centers and poke marts are cabins with snow around them and fire places something to make you a little more cautious while you try to get to the elite four and for crystal onix can you try to make crystal or diamond type that's weak to fire,sound and ice also it said in some pokedex entries as onix age they become as hard as diamond but they look a very dark shiny black so maybe on of the elite for who is rock type can be an old man with a onix that he had since he was a baby also I have a question will you make it so that once you choose your starter your rival sees you but than forgets who you choose so he chooses the pokemon that you are strong against just because even though its not broke why not change it up?
-I have thought about the Crystal Onix concept excessively. It's an easy idea to just create Crystal-type or Diamond-type or maybe Glass-type, but I find that it is unnecessary. The main reason is there isn't very many other Pokémon that would fit this type description. Well... maybe Sableye, but I like his Dark-type/Ghost-type combos. It would be silly to create a type for just one Pokémon, if you see what I mean.
-Pokémon Ambient is based on a realistic revolution plot structure. I won't be incorporating pick-pocking or theft, besides the real move used to steal items. Different environments: uh..yeah. Serene is a based on a set of tropical islands, so the environments will all look vastly different. With the warmer climate, you won't find a location in Serene to be snowed in.
-I like the idea of the Magikarp salesman. He always brought a smile to my face for his expensive demeanor.
-About the rival example, if you read the descriptions on any sites but check the official Google site. Zachary Woods already has a Pokémon before you pick your starter. I felt that would be a great way of changing the controversial "rival picking the weaker starter" idea.