View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:20 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
August 5, 2013

I was walking around Lacunosa Town, happy to have a new place to explore in Unova. All of a sudden, I heard a commotion coming from around the corner. I saw Hugh and his Samurott, and it looked like he was battling Team Plasma! Samurott was being attacked by a Cryogonal and a Golbat, so I decided to even the odds!

“Heracross, I choose you!” I yelled. Cryogonal was using Light Screen to protect against Samurott’s attacks. “Quick, use Brick Break!”

Brick Break smashed Cryogonal’s Light Screen, and knocked it out of the air!

“Not you again!” yelled the Team Plasma member who recalled Cryogonal. This wasn’t just any Plasma Grunt; it was Zinzolin, one of the Seven Sages! I haven’t seen him since Driftveil City. He sent out another Pokémon to battle us.

“Whoa, that’s a Sneasel!” I exclaimed as I pulled out my Pokédex.

“Sneasel, the Sharp Claw Pokémon. Sneasel are smart and sneaky Pokémon. They make opponents flinch by suddenly showing the claws hidden in their paws. A pair may work together to steal eggs by having one lure the parents away.”

“Golbat, use Acrobatics!” While I was distracted, the super-effective move struck my Heracross.

“No! Heracross, return!” I recalled my knocked out Pokémon. “You did a great job. Jolteon, you’re up next! Use Thunder Fang on Golbat!”

Thunder Fang struck and caused Golbat to faint. The Plasma Grunt called it back and sent out his other Pokémon, a Garbodor! Thankfully, Jolteon and Samurott worked well together, and easily defeated both the Sneasel and the Garbodor.

“How can this happen?” cried the grunt.

“It doesn’t matter,” Zinzolin said calmly. “Let’s retreat for now. We must continue our search!”

Zinzolin and the Team Plasma Grunt ran off, and Hugh took off after them. I wonder what they’re looking for.

August 6, 2013

I finished training the team on Route 12 to the east of Lacunosa Town, and then rotated my team. I sent five Pokémon to Professor Juniper and had Glaceon, Azumarill, Metang, and Magmar sent over to me.

August 10, 2013

I crossed the rest of Route 12 and finally reached a place called Village Bridge. It was a quiet village that apparently developed around and under a large bridge that connected eastern and northern Unova. I was walking around a bit when I saw a bunch of people gathered on the bridge. They were looking over the edge, into the water. Some of the villagers said that from time to time they can hear soft singing coming from under the bridge. Of course, that just made me curious enough to investigate.

In the river under the bridge, I found plenty of Basculin, as well as some Marill and Azumarill. Just when I was about to give up, I saw another Pokémon surfacing, much larger than the others. Who’s that Pokémon? Is it a Wailmer, maybe? Once I got closer I saw what it was. A Lapras! I sent out my Metang immediately to battle it. Metang used Zen Headbutt on it to weaken it a bit. Then I learned where the singing came from. Lapras used Perish Song! Darn it! That changed things a bit, because Perish Song would make if faint in a matter of minutes! I had to move quickly, so I tossed a Great Ball. It shook once, but no luck, Lapras popped right back out. I want to weaken it more, but there’s no time. Go, Great Ball, one more time! It shook, and I caught a Lapras!

“Lapras, the Transport Pokémon. Lapras love crossing the sea with people and Pokémon on their backs. They are very intelligent and are able to understand human speech.”

253. Lapras

August 11, 2013

Excited to have added Lapras to my team, I did a significant amount of training with them on Route 12. Since it was raining, Lapras and Azumarill got a boost to their water-type attacks. Lapras also knows a powerful ice-type move, Ice Beam, and so I’m considering that Lapras may help out if I challenge the nearby Opelucid City Gym again. Once I gave the team a thorough workout, I had them treated at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town, and then sent most of my Pokémon back to Professor Juniper. I kept Grimer and Lapras with me, and then took the last four Pokémon for this rotation: Staryu, Crobat, Seviper, and Baltoy. I then continued onto Route 11 to do some exploring.

August 12, 2013

While I was training on Route 11, I ran into a wild Virizion that leaped from one of the cliffs! I remember catching one in the Pinwheel Forest; I guess one lives up here as well. I battled it, and easily caught it in an Ultra Ball.

Not long after that, my Baltoy evolved into Claydol!

“Claydol, the Clay Doll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Baltoy. Claydol came into being as ancient clay figurines made over 20,000 years ago, that came to life when exposed to a mysterious ray of light.”

254. Claydol

I was nearing the Village of Dragons outside of Opelucid City, when I ran into a wild Gligar! I had Seviper weaken it a bit with a few Night Slash attacks. Thankfully, it kept using U-Turn, so it wasn’t doing much damage back to my Pokémon. A few Poké Balls later, and I caught!

255. Gligar

August 13, 2013

I finally reached the Village of Dragons. At the Pokémon Center there, I sent my Lapras to Professor Juniper and kept my newly caught Gligar with me. I returned to Route 11 to train it and the rest of my Pokémon team.

August 17, 2013

I finished up training the current group of Pokémon, and then started to think about challenging the Opelucid City Gym. Grimer’s Ice Punch will come in handy, but I’ll need at least one more ice-type. I decided to go with Piloswine and its Icicle Spear. That leaves one more. Since the Opelucid Gym Leader will likely use a Hydriegon, I figure having some bug or fighting backup would help. Heracross or Pinsir would fit that role perfectly. It was a tough decision, but I decided to go with Pinsir. So I took those three Pokémon out to Route 9 to do some training to prepare for the gym. One of the trainers I battled had a Drapion with them.

“Drapion, the Ogre Scorp Pokémon, and the evolved form of Skorupi. Drapion possess a sturdy build and take pride in their strength. Even though they can tear foes apart, they finish them off with a powerful poison.”

Once I explored all of the familiar Route 9 and Shopping Mall Nine, I returned to Opelucid City to rest up. Tomorrow I challenge the Opelucid City Gym for my seventh badge!

August 18, 2013

When I arrived at the Opelucid Gym, I battled the various trainers there for practice as usual. The different thing though, was there were trainers there who wanted to battle using triple battles and rotation battles! It was a cool way to give all three of my Pokémon training against dragon-types. Also, after the triple battle, my Piloswine started to evolve! With Mamoswine on my team, I feel I definitely have the power to win that badge.

“Mamoswine, the Twin Tusk Pokémon, and the evolved form of Piloswine. Mamoswine disappeared when the temperature rose at the end of the ice age. A frozen one was dug up from soil dating back 10,000 years.”

256. Mamoswine
Kalos Medals: 67
Kalos Ribbons: 6