View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2013 (03:45 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
You guys can listen to music whilst writing? I've always found that hugely distracting - it always makes me want to start including themes akin to the song's lyrics or to even implement the lyrics themselves, or use the music video etc. I'm not the most creative person so I guess when I'm writing and I hear an external story like song lyrics I instantly muddle it with my own thoughts, so silence for me haha.
To be fair, I can't just listen to any kind of music, and often ones without lyrics (or lyrics I can't understand, alternatively =p) are what I resort to. But I don't often find lyrical songs to be too distracting. I avoid using youtube for that if only because the music video/s can be distracting as is having to change songs (or with playlists, not liking what is offered halfway through... and then internet dropping out pausing the song).

In a way, getting ideas from music is what I want too. A lyric or theme or tone of the song can help provide an idea or direction for me to take in the middle of a scene.
Quote:
Taking a class on Shakespeare. Super happy cause I already know what I want my midterm/final essay to be about and I'm really prepared for it. Gonna do the evolution of the roles of women in society~ etcetcetc.
I wasn't too much of a fan of Shakespeare, but part of that probably has to do with doing it every single year in high school, and trying to apply certain ideas or concepts to plays like As You Like It (a play I didn't, funnily enough, like =p) seemed like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Especially considering Shakespeare apparently said of that play it was more a simple humour for the audience (hence the title) and not a work he particularly liked himself...

Macbeth and the likes was fine, but not that. And I would have preferred studing some different authors more often.
Newest article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014