View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM
SupernovaTyphlosion
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Like I said earlier, you should tell her what you feel is right to say. If Renpuu thinks it's tacky or whatever, then let him. Like he said, some people will find it cringe-worthy (like him) and others will think it's cute. I think nicknames are cute, and I think poems are really thoughtful. But what really matters is how your girlfriend will take it. If she's super serious and hates poetry, she might laugh and say thanks, or maybe she'll love it and frame it. After all, you know her best, and you can choose any way that you want to express your feelings to her of course!!
I'm a girl and not all of us just like "simplicity," so I don't think Renpuu can truly generalize. I'm the type of person who values thought over just throwing a wad of cash over a dinner table, or being bought a drink, so maybe that's why.. but I think any girl regardless of if she's picky or not should (and most likely would, if she cares for you) appreciate the effort you made to say what you have.

And poem or no poem, if you want to call your girlfriend baby boo, you're entirely entitled to do such and shouldn't be ridiculed for it. I have inside jokes and nicknames for me too, and I like them. Again, it's your relationship, and I don't think anyone has the right to critique truly, unless there is an aspect in the relationship that would be harming you or your partner.
Firstly I would like to say thank you very much for that
Secondly, thank you very much for that xD