Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Ruby Ground Monotype, Update #3

Spoiler:
-Went to the desert on Route 111.
-Caught a Trapinch named Dustshoot.
-Caught a Sandshrew named Lefty.
-Did a little bit of training on Dustshoot.
-Beat all the trainers in the Petalburg Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Dad Norman!

Petalburg Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Finley LV29 - Mud Shot, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Water Gun
Jigs LV28 - Tackle, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Selfdestruct
Caldera LV28 - Ember, Magnitude, Growl, Tackle
Looker LV20 - Leech Life, Fury Swiped, Sand-Attack, Scratch
Dustshoot LV27 / Exp. Share - Bite, Faint Attack, Sand Tomb, Sand-Attack
Lefty LV20 - Scratch, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting, Defense Curl

He starts off with his first Slaking while I open with Jigs. He uses Yawn, but I use Selfdestruct…which doesn't kill him. Him: 24% or so HP. I bring in Finley and use Mud-Slap as he heals. Him: 95% HP and -1 Accuracy. He uses Yawn while I hit him with Mud-Slap again, which even gets a critical hit, that's so sad. Him: 85% or so HP and -2 Accuracy. As he loafs, I send in Looker to use as death fodder while I Revive Jigs, and he uses Facade but misses, haha. As he loafs, I use another Sand-Attack. Him: 85% or so HP and -3 Accuracy. I use a Soda Pop on Jigs, as he uses Faint Attack, which I somehow live. Me: 2/45 HP. As he loafs, I go for another Sand-Attack. Him: 85% or so HP, -4 Accuracy. He kills me with Faint Attack and I bring in Caldera. I use Growl as he loafs around. Him: 85% or so HP, -4 Accuracy and -1 Attack. He misses with Facade while I use Ember twice. Him: 62% or so HP. He misses again while I knock him below half with Ember. [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Him: 50% or so HP.[/COLOR] Then I use Growl again. Him: 50% or so HP, -4 Accuracy and -2 Attack. He misses with Facade and I use Magnitude twice, first time is 10 and second is 8, but he lives with like 1 HP. Him: 1% HP, -4 Accuracy and -2 Attack. He hits with Facade, but I kill him with another Ember.
Next up is Vigoroth. He kills Caldera with Slash, so I bring in Finley. He uses Facade as I hit with Mud Shot. Him: 80% or so HP and -1 Speed, Me: 52/83 HP. Same thing next turn. Him: Half HP and -2 Speed, Me: 21/83 HP. I hit him with Mud-Slap as he kills me with Slash. I bring in Jigs. I use Magnitude, and get a 5 as he uses Faint Attack. Him: 25% or so HP, Me: 49/72 HP. Same thing next turn, ugh! Him: 10% or so HP, Me: 28/72 HP. He uses his Hyper Potion while I use Magnitude and get a 6. Him: 3/4 or so HP. I use it again and get a 7, not bad, but Faint Attack nearly kills me. Him: 40% or so HP, Me: 6/72 HP. I heal with a Soda Pop as he uses Slash. Me: 54/72 HP. I use Magnitude and get a 9, which finishes him off. Jigs grows to Level 29 and Dustshoot grows to Level 28 after that. Jigs tries to learn Rollout, but I refuse after some consideration.
Finally is his last Slaking. He tries to use Focus Punch, but i'm not about to have any of that! I use Magnitude, which gets a 7, but it hardly does anything, though he loses his focus and can't move. Him: 80% or so HP. As he loafs, I take the turn to use an X Attack, because this has just been dragging on and I want to get it over with. I use Magnitude first just to be safe, as he tries to use Focus Punch again. Fail. Him: 1/2 HP. As he loafs, I kill him with Selfdestruct and end the battle.
Yeah, i've always found Norman to be a doozy, except for the times where i'd speed through the the game with 3-4 Pokémon and be overpowered, and this was no exception.

-Got HM03 for Surf from Wally's father and taught it to Finley.
-Got the Amulet Coin from Mom back in Littleroot Town.
-Went Surfing through the water routes that lead through Petalburg, Dewford and Slateport. While some of the Swimmers were annoying since I have a team full of Ground-types, others had some of the most underwhelming AI i've ever seen (like when I had Jigs out).
-Explored the Abandoned Ship and got TM13 for Ice Beam, which I taught to Finley.
-Went through the rest of the sea areas.
-Returned to Mauville City and entered New Mauville upon Wattson's request.
-Shut down the generator and did some training (kinda overtraining Finley, also). Caldera evolved into Camerupt.
-Went back to the desert and caught a Baltoy named Top Hat.
-Made it to Route 118 and met Steven.
-Got 4,000 coins for TM35 for Flamethrower, which I taught to Caldera.
-Beat the trainers on Route 119.
-Confronted Team Magma at the Weather Institute and got Castform.
-Beat Brendan again. Thankfully, Grovyle was nowhere near as much of a hassle since I had Camerupt.
-Arrived in Fortree City.
-Got the Devon Scope from Steven.
-Went to the Fortree Gym and battled the trainers there.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Winona!

Fortree Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Caldera LV35 / Amulet Coin - Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Magnitude, Tackle
Top Hat LV33 - Selfdestruct, Psybeam, Mud-Slap, Rock Tomb
Jigs LV32 - Rock Throw, Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Tackle
Finley LV35 - Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Ice Beam, Surf
Dustshoot LV34 / Exp. Share - Crunch, Sand Tomb, Faint Attack, Sand-Attack

She starts off with Swellow while I open with Caldera. She uses Double Team while I kill her in one hit with Flamethrower. Ouch.
Next up is Pelipper. I send in Top Hat, but she uses Supersonic and I become confused. I hit through confusion and use Selfdestruct, but it doesn't kill her. Her: 1/3 or so HP. I bring in Finley and try to use Ice Beam, but she blocks it with Protect. Then I kill her with another one after she hits me with Aerial Ace. Me: 84/100.
Following is Skarmory. She uses Aerial Ace while I hit with Surf. Her: 1/2 or so HP, Me: 60/100 HP. Same thing next turn…but she lives with like 1 HP. Her: 1% HP, Me: 36/100 HP. She uses her Hyper Potion while I hit with Surf again. Her: 55% or so HP. She hits with Aerial Ace again while I kill her thanks to Torrent. Me: 11/100 HP.
Finally is her ace, Altaria. I use a Hyper Potion and heal to full as she uses DragonBreath, and I get paralyzed. Me: 71/100 HP and paralyzed. She uses Dragon Dance, but I hit through confusion and use Ice Beam. Her: 1/4 or so HP. She uses Aerial Ace, but I kill her with another Ice Beam, ending the battle. Dustshoot grows to Level 35 after that.

-However, I refused Dustshoot's evolution because I want to wait until he learns Dig at Level 41.

Here's my team:

Spoiler:
Marshtomp (M) "Finley", Level 35
Nature: Serious
Moves: Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Ice Beam, Surf

Graveler (F) "Jigs", Level 32
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Rock Throw, Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Tackle

Camerupt (M) "Caldera", Level 35
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Magnitude, Tackle

Baltoy "Top Hat", Level 33
Nature: Rash
Moves: Psybeam, Selfdestruct, Rock Tomb, Mud-Slap

Trapinch (M) "Dustshoot", Level 35
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Crunch, Sand Tomb, Faint Attack, Sand-Attack

Storage:
Lefty LV20, Looker LV20

LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #1

Spoiler:
-Started the game. Named myself Rick and my rival Ginsly.
-Chose Bulbasaur, beat Brock and got up to Route 3.
-Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur.
-Caught a NidoranF named Marley.
-Caught a NidoranM named Coleman.
-Caught a Geodude in Mt. Moon named Punchy.
-Trained all three of them up to Level 16.
-Went through Mt. Moon and beat all the trainers there.
-Caught a Sandshrew on Route 4 named Mickey.
-Arrived in Cerulean City.
-Beat Ginsly, he was pretty easy. I did switch training with Mickey for all his Pokémon except Abra, and Punchy beat them single-handedly.
-Beat all the trainers on Nugget Bridge and Route 25.
-Found the Team Rocket grunt and got TM28 for Dig from him, which I immediately taught to Mickey.
-Trained everyone to Level 20/21 and beat the trainers in the Cerulean Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Misty!

Cerulean Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Coleman LV22 - Horn Attack, Double Kick, Peck, Leer
Mickey LV20 - Scratch, Dig, Sand-Attack, Rock Tomb
Punchy LV21 - Mega Punch, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct
Marley LV21 - Double Kick, Scratch, Tail Whip, Growl

She starts off with Staryu while I open with Coleman. I use Double Kick while she uses Harden. Her: 1/3 or so HP and +1 Defense. I kill her next turn with another Double Kick.
Next up is Starmie, ugh, not looking forward to this thing. She uses Water Pulse while I use Leer. Her: Full health and -1 Defense, Me: 37/59 HP. She uses Water Pulse again while I use Horn Attack, but even then it doesn't do that much. Her: 2/3 or so HP, Me: 14/59 HP. I let Mickey be death fodder to a Water Pulse, then bring in Marley. I take another Water Pulse for more than half before using Leer. Her: 2/3 or so HP, -2 Defense. I use a Super Potion on Coleman as she kills Marley with Water Pulse. I bring in Coleman, and she uses Water Pulse again, but my Horn Attack knocks her into the red. Her: 18% or so HP and -2 Defense, Me: 34/59 HP. She uses her Super Potion, and I use Horn Attack again, but it does less than half. Her: 60% or so HP and -2 Defense. She uses Water Pulse while I hit with Horn Attack and again come up short. Her: 15% or so HP and -2 Defense, Me: 13/59 HP. I use a Super Potion as she uses Swift, but gets a critical hit. Me: 27/59 HP. She uses Water Pulse, but I barely live and kill her with Horn Attack. Coleman grows to Level 23 after that.
This actually took a few tries, because I did one or two test runs to get an idea of what I could do against her. That Starmie had me concerned, but at least we were able to handle it steadily.

So here's my team there:

Spoiler:

Nidorino (M) "Coleman", Level 23
Nature: Mild
Moves: Horn Attack, Peck, Double Kick, Leer

Nidorina (F) "Marley", Level 21
Nature: Rash
Moves: Double Kick, Scratch, Tail Whip, Growl

Geodude (M) "Punchy", Level 21
Nature: Docile
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Selfdestruct, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Mega Punch