View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

Oh god no, I don't see laptops becoming obsolete for a good 20+ years, and that's only if the majority of computer companies throw all their resources and upcoming software at tablets. I know tablets are currently the new fad, but if anything from what I've seen it's been replacing peoples smart phones. People who I have seen with tablets have still had a computer, but have had a bog standard calling/texting phone.
I could however see hybrid laptops replacing laptops and tablets if they take off. Things like microsoft surface and such could potentially be very popular if they become more cost friendly. So far they are much more expensive than most laptops and aren't even working towards standards that will allow you to comfortably run most up to date software people use nowadays.

Also on a quick side note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
Actually, one could argue that desktops are becoming obsolete rather than laptops....
Even desktops aren't really becoming obsolete. Yes they're becoming less mainstream, but laptops will never be as powerful as the best desktop computers. And laptops come with a higher security risk as their high portability is a huge risk. Think about places like libraries, companies and even school. A lot more laptops would go missing if people were able to pick them up and slip them into a bag when nobody is around.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets