View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:31 AM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Ruby Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:

-Continued battling trainers on Route 120.
-Finley grew to Level 36 and evolved into Swampert.
-Beat the trainers on Route 121.
-Arrived in Lilycove City.
-Beat Brendan one last time, he was nothing of significance.
-Checked out the Department Store, got some Lemonades and TMs.
-Confronted Team Magma at Mt. Pyre, but Maxie stole the Blue Orb.
-Since I didn't have anyone with Fly, I walked all the way back to Slateport City, where they stole Captain Stern's submarine.
-Caught a Wingull named Derp II and taught it Fly, then went back to Lilycove.
-Went through the Magma Hideout, beating the pathetic grunts, but they stole the submarine.
-Dustshoot grew to Level 41, learned Dig and evolved into Vibrava.
-Arrived in Mossdeep City.
-Battled some of the trainers in the surrounding water routes.
-Top Hat grew to Level 36 and evolved into Claydol.
-Trained everyone up (ugh, training sucks in this game, thankfully i'm on an emulator with turbo speed access).
-Beat all the trainers in the Mossdeep Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leaders, Tate and Liza!

Mossdeep Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Top Hat LV41 / Lax Incense - Psybeam, Rock Tomb, Shadow Ball, Selfdestruct
Finley LV41 / Mystic Water - Surf, Muddy Water, Ice Beam, Mud Shot
Dustshoot LV41 - Crunch, Dig, Screech, Fly
Caldera LV40 - Magnitude, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
Jigs LV40 - Magnitude, Rock Throw, Tackle, Selfdestruct

They send Lunatone and Solrock while I open with Top Hat and Finley. Top Hat uses Shadow Ball on Lunatone, which does less than half, but gets the Special Defense drop, though Lunatone uses Calm Mind to undo that. Lunatone: 55% or so HP and +1 Sp Atk. Solrock uses Sunny Day, so Surf doesn't do much at all. Lunatone: 38% or so HP and +1 Sp Atk, Solrock: 3/4 or so HP. Well, SolarBeam is probably coming, so I switch out Finley for Dustshoot and use Shadow Ball on Lunatone, which kills it. Dustshoot grows to Level 42 after that.
Now it's just Solrock left. Solrock uses Psychic on Dustshoot, which does more than half and gets the Special Defense drop. Dustshoot: 44/103 HP and -1 Sp Def. I switch Dustshoot out for Caldera as Top Hat uses Shadow Ball on Solrock for what looks like enough to kill them next turn, but Solrock uses Flamethrower on Top Hat and gets a critical hit, which does over half. Solrock: 38% or so HP, Top Hat: 49/113 HP. Top Hat uses Shadow Ball and finishes off Solrock, ending the battle.
Not much to this battle. Seems Top Hat isn't as weak offensively as I thought.

-Caught a Wailmer named Blooper to teach HMs.
-Went down to the Seafloor Cavern.
-Was confronted by Team Magma's leader, Maxie.

Maxie overview:
Team entering the fight: Caldera LV40 / Amulet Coin - Magnitude, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
Top Hat LV41 / Lax Incense - Psybeam, Rock Tomb, Shadow Ball, Selfdestruct
Finley LV41 / Mystic Water - Surf, Muddy Water, Ice Beam, Mud Shot
Dustshoot LV41 - Crunch, Dig, Screech, Fly
Jigs LV40 - Magnitude, Rock Throw, Tackle, Selfdestruct

He starts off with Mightyena while I open with Caldera, who gets Intimidated. Me: Full health and -1 Attack. He uses Take Down, while I go for Flamethrower, which gets a critical hit and kills him. Nice! Caldera grows to Level 41 after that. Me: 72/111 HP and -1 Attack.
Next up is his own Camerupt. I'm faster and hit him with Earthquake, but he lives and kills me with his. I bring in Finley, and he uses his Super Potion but it doesn't matter because I kill him with Surf.
Finally is his Crobat. He uses Confuse Ray, but I hit through confusion and use Ice Beam, which gets another critical hit and kills him in one hit. Finley grows to Level 42 after that.
Critical hits for the win. And hitting through confusion, too. But these battles usually aren't climactic at all, so yeah.

-Groudon was awoken from the Blue Orb, and I was told from Steven to go to Sootopolis City.
-Arrived in Sootopolis City.
-Was guided to the Cave of Origin by Steven and Wallace.
-Obtained HM07 for Waterfall.
-Beat Groudon after a few Psybeams from Top Hat.
-Went back to the Safari Zone and caught a Phanpy named Trunked.
-Went to the Sootopolis Gym and battled all the trainers there.
-Trunked evolved into Donphan, and I used two Rare Candies to get Dustshoot to evolve into Flygon.
-Challenged the Sootopolis Gym Leader, Wallace!

Sootopolis Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Dustshoot LV45 / Soft Sand - Earthquake, Crunch, Screech, Fly
Top Hat LV42 / Lax Incense - Psybeam, Light Screen, Shadow Ball, Selfdestruct
Finley LV42 / Sea Incense - Mud Shot, Surf, Muddy Water, Ice Beam
Caldera LV41 / Amulet Coin - Magnitude, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Flamethrower
Jigs LV40 - Magnitude, Strength, Selfdestruct, Rock Throw
Trunked LV30 / Exp. Share - Growl, Defense Curl, Flail, Take Down

He starts off with Luvdisc while I open with Caldera. He uses Water Pulse, but I live and use Earthquake, which leaves him with like 1 HP. Him: 1% HP, Me: 38/111 HP. He uses his Hyper Potion while I use Earthquake again, which leaves him with more than he had last time. Him: 10% or so HP. He kills me with Water Pulse. I bring in Top Hat and finish him with Shadow Ball.
Next up is Whiscash. I use Light Screen while he uses Amnesia. Him: Full health and +2 Defense. I use Shadow Ball, but it doesn't do much at all and he uses Amnesia again. Him: 4/5 or so HP and +4 Sp Def. I switch in Dustshoot as he uses Rain Dance. I use Screech as he uses Amnesia. Him: 4/5 or so HP, +6 Sp Def and -2 Defense. I use Earthquake, which kills him.
After that is Sealeo. Unfortunately, my Light Screen wears off, so I switch in Top Hat again and take an Aurora Beam for less than half. Him: 68/115 HP. I set up Light Screen again and he uses Water Pulse for not too much. Me: 37/115 HP. The rain stops, and I use Shadow Ball for barely anything while he hits with Aurora Beam. Him: 5/6 or so HP, Me: 12/115 HP. I use Selfdestruct, which kills him.
I bring in Dustshoot as he sends in Milotic. Gulp. I use Screech, and he uses Ice Beam, but I live thanks to the Light Screen. Him: Full health and -2 Defense, Me: 65/137 HP. I use Earthquake and kill him in one hit. Trunked grows to Level 31 after that.
Finally is his Seaking. Light Screen wears off, but I use Screech as he uses Rain Dance. Him: Full health and -2 Defense. He uses Water Pulse…which kills me with a critical hit. Seriously?! I bring in Jigs as death fodder while I Revive Dustshoot. I bring in Dustshoot again, and he uses Water Pulse, but I live and kill him with Earthquake, ending the battle.
That was okay, but that critical hit near the end was not cool. That Screech was pretty handy, though!

So here's my team:

Spoiler:

Swampert (M) "Finley", Level 42
Nature: Serious
Moves: Ice Beam, Mud Shot, Surf, Muddy Water

Graveler (F) "Jigs", Level 40
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Magnitude, Strength, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct

Camerupt (M) "Caldera", Level 41
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Slide

Flygon (M) "Dustshoot", Level 45
Nature: Lonely
Moves: Earthquake, Crunch, Screech, Fly

Claydol "Top Hat", Level 42
Nature: Rash
Moves: Psybeam, Rock Tomb, Selfdestruct, Light Screen

Donphan (M) "Trunked", Level 31
Nature: Docile
Moves: Defense Curl, Flail, Growl, Take Down

Storage:
Looker LV20, Lefty LV20, Derp LV5, Blooper LV31

LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #2

Spoiler:

-Went through the Underground Path.
-On Route 6, Mickey grew to Level 22 and evolved into Sandslash.
-Arrived in Vermilion City.
-Got the Vs. Seeker from a girl in the Pokémon Center (HECK YEAH!).
-Obtained the Bike Voucher.
-Caught a Diglett in Diglett's Cave named Hide.
-Went through the SS Anne, beating most of the trainers. Ginsly was pretty easy except for his Kadabra.
-Got HM01 for Cut from the Captain.
-Battled the trainers in the Vermilion Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Lt. Surge!

Vermilion Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Punchy LV22 - Rock Throw, Mega Punch, Magnitude, Selfdestruct
Coleman LV24 - Horn Attack, Double Kick, Peck, Leer
Mickey LV23 - Scratch, Dig, Sand-Attack, Rock Tomb
Marley LV23 - Double Kick, Scratch, Tail Whip, Bite
Hide LV23 - Scratch, Growl, Magnitude, Dig

He starts off with Voltorb while I open with Punchy. He uses Tackle while I use Magnitude, which gets a 6 and OHKOes him. Punchy grows to Level 23 after that. Me: 57/58 HP.
Next is his Pikachu. He uses Quick Attack, but I use Magnitude, which gets a 7 and OHKOes him. Me: 56/58 HP.
Finally is his Raichu. He uses Double Team, and I use Magnitude and miss. He uses Quick Attack, then I use Magnitude, which gets a 6 and hits him. Him: 10% or so HP, Me: 53/58 HP. He heals up, and after a few turns of misses I hit with Magnitude and end the battle.

-Beat the trainers on Route 11. In doing so, Punchy evolved into Graveler.
-Beat the trainers on Route 9. In doing so, Hide evolved into Dugtrio.
-Went through Rock Tunnel. A lot of the trainers were really stupid, but I didn't have many healing items.
-Used the Rock Slide tutor on Hide.
-Arrived in Lavender Town.
-Beat all the trainers on Route 8. Yawn.
-Arrived in Celadon City.
-Used a Moon Stone on Coleman to evolve him into Nidoking.
-Got HM02 for Fly from the girl on Route 16.
-Flew back to Mt. Moon, where I got another Moon Stone, which I used on Marley to get her to evolve into Nidoqueen.
-Found Team Rocket's hideout in the Game Corner.
-Beat all the grunts; most of them were laughably easy.
-Giovanni was pretty easy too, Hide beat his two Rock-types while Mickey took care of Kangashkan with little trouble.
-Sold some TMs I can't use on anyone and got 4,000 coins, which I spent on TM13 for Ice Beam, which I immediately gave to Coleman, along with another TM28 for Dig.
-Beat the Gym trainers, they too were pathetically easy.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Erika!

Celadon Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Coleman LV31 - Double Kick, Peck, Dig, Ice Beam
Punchy LV31 - Rock Throw, Mega Punch, Magnitude, Selfdestruct
Mickey LV31 - Slash, Dig, Sand-Attack, Rock Tomb
Marley LV31 - Double Kick, Scratch, Tail Whip, Bite
Hide LV31 - Scratch, Rock Slide, Magnitude, Dig

She starts off with Victreebell while I open with Coleman. I use Peck, while she uses Stun Spore. Her: 2/3 or so HP, Me: Full health and paralyzed. I use a Parlyz Heal as she hits me with Giga Drain. Her: 5/6 or so HP, Me: 68/92 HP. I hit with Ice Beam and kill her.
After that is Tangela, who dies in one hit to another Ice Beam. Coleman grows to Level 32 after that.
Finally is her Vileplume. I use Ice Beam, and she gets FROZEN SOLID! I kill her next turn with another Ice Beam, ending the battle.
This wasn't my first try, actually, first few I was getting irritated with parahax, one time I even got fully paralyzed three turns in a row when I was about to win. Proves that paralysis is one of the stupidest things Pokémon has ever made. Also, don't mind my over leveling, it's not my fault i've battled every trainer.

Here's my team there:

Spoiler:

Nidoqueen (F) "Marley", Level 31
Nature: Rash
Moves: Double Kick, Tail Whip, Scratch, Bite

Nidoking (M) "Coleman", Level 32
Nature: Mild
Moves: Double Kick, Peck, Dig, Ice Beam

Graveler (M) "Punchy", Level 31
Nature: Serious
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Rock Throw, Mega Punch

Sandslash (M) "Mickey", Level 31
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Slash, Sand-Attack, Dig, Rock Tomb

Dugtrio (M) "Hide", Level 31
Nature: Careful
Ability: Arena Trap
Moves: Scratch, Dig, Magnitude, Rock Slide

Last edited by Stargazer; August 21st, 2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Solrock had 3/4 HP there, not 1/4 HP V_V Derp!