View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2013 (04:34 PM). Edited August 21st, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
RandomDSdevel
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Thergox:
. . . What would they call it? Blood Ruby and Tear Sapphire? I mean that lovingly, but I also kind of missed out because I lost the game when I first got it T-T

I suppose they could do it, though it would be slightly unnecessary. The 3rd gen is already pretty slick as it is, and doesn't really require that much of a huge reboot as, say, gen 2's original games. Sure, the 3D prospect is pretty alluring, but. . . It already seems modern enough. Will they do it? I suppose there's nothing stopping them, and I'm pretty sure a huge uprising will go against Game Freak if they don't do so. But will that create a chain? Will that suck Gen 4's remake into Gen 7's creation? Gen 5 into 8's? How far do you suspect we can go before we get all pooped out of graphical ideas and have absolutely no point in resurrecting past titles?
I'm betting that all of the games that will have had remakes released by the time that every single generation of the Pokémon franchise ends up on the Nintendo eShop will eventually just be updated every generation.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.