View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2013 (07:30 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

I could never work under a deadline. That's one reason why I never did well in school. I'm perfectly fine doing something on my own time, but as soon as someone tells me I have to get it done by a certain time, I just stop doing it. Now, with my writing, I write without a deadline looming over me, and I feel much more free. Just a few months ago, I thought about working on one of my stories so I could get it done in a month. That never happened, and I just stopped writing for a few weeks.

Quote:
I wasn't too much of a fan of Shakespeare, but part of that probably has to do with doing it every single year in high school
Quote:
I know my high school teacher sophomore year loves Julius Caesar, haha.
I never studied Shakespeare in high school. Each year was a different book by a different author.

Freshman year: Of Mice and Men
Sophomore year: Nothing, since my grade went through four different teachers the entire year
Junior year: The Great Gatsby
Senior year: Don't remember

It wasn't until I was out of school that I read some Shakespeare. Last play I read was "The Taming of the Shrew" for a fanfic I was writing where the characters performed that play. I wanted to get some quotes from the play to use in the story. Also, I've read retellings or reimaginings of the plays written as young adult fantasy novels.