Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:38 AM
Crackle
A Rite of Passage

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Crackle
LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:
-Went to One Island with Bill.
-Did the whole side quest with the Meteorite and helping Lostelle.
-Went to the Saffron Gym, avoiding all the trainers, and challenged the leader, Sabrina!

Saffron Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Hide LV43 - Magnitude, Rock Slide, Dig, Slash
Marley LV43 - Bite, Surf, Dig, Superpower
Coleman LV44 - Ice Beam, Dig, Megahorn, Double Kick
Gulch LV44 - Rock Blast, Dig, Strength, Stomp
Mickey LV43 - Dig, Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack, Slash
Punchy LV35 - Rock Throw, Selfdestruct, Mega Punch, Magnitude

She starts off with Kadabra while I open with Hide. I use Magnitude, which gets an 8 and kills her in one hit. Okay, we're off to a good start.
Next up is Mr. Mime. I use Magnitude, and get another 8, which kills her in one hit. Haha, this is funny. Hide grows to Level 44 after that.
After that is Venomoth. I use Rock Slide, which doesn't quite kill her, but she uses Supersonic and misses. Pathetic. Her: 8% or so HP. She uses her Hyper Potion, but I use Slash then kill her with Rock Slide.
Finally is her ace, Alakazam. I use Magnitude, which only gets a 6, but it does half, while she uses Psychic and does over half, and lowers my Special Defense, too. Her: 45% or so HP, Me: 46/98 HP and -1 Sp Def. I use Magnitude again, which gets another 6, kills her and ends the battle.
Wow. Talk about anticlimax. This Gym had me pretty worried, but I got insanely lucky I guess. Not much else to it.

-Returned to Viridian Gym.
-Beat the trainers in the Viridian Gym.

Viridian Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Marley LV45 - Bite, Surf, Dig, Superpower
Hide LV44 - Magnitude, Rock Slide, Dig, Slash
Coleman LV45 - Ice Beam, Dig, Megahorn, Double Kick
Gulch LV44 - Rock Blast, Dig, Strength, Stomp
Mickey LV44 - Dig, Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack, Slash
Punchy LV35 - Rock Throw, Selfdestruct, Mega Punch, Magnitude

Isn't it funny how similar our teams look? Anyway, he starts off with Rhyhorn while I open with Marley. I kill him in one hit with Surf.
Next up is his Dugtrio. He uses Earthquake, but it does less than half, and I kill that in one hit with Surf also. Marley grows to Level 46 after that. Me: 80/146 HP.
Following that is his own Nidoqueen. I use Surf, which does more than enough for a 2HKO, while he uses Earthquake and I barely live. Him: 1/3 or so HP, Me: 12/146 HP. I kill him next turn.
After that is his Nidoking. I use Surf, which does more than half, but he kills me with Earthquake. Him: 1/3 or so HP. I bring in Coleman and kill him with Ice Beam.
Finally is his stronger Rhyhorn. Y U NO HAS RHYDON? Anyway, I kill him in one hit with Ice Beam, with a critical hit that I probably didn't even need.
Yeah, Giovanni, for the last Gym leader, you're pretty pathetic. There really isn't much else to this battle, even if he did beat one of my guys.

Here's my team at the time of the update:

Spoiler:
Nidoqueen (F) "Marley", Level 46
Nature: Rash
Moves: Superpower, Surf, Dig, Bite

Nidoking (M) "Coleman", Level 45
Nature: Mild
Moves: Double Kick, Megahorn, Dig, Ice Beam

Sandslash (M) "Mickey", Level 44
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Slash, Sand-Attack, Dig, Rock Tomb

Dugtrio (M) "Hide", Level 44
Nature: Careful
Ability: Arena Trap
Moves: Slash, Dig, Magnitude, Rock Slide

Rhydon (F) "Gulch", Level 44
Nature: Docile
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Dig, Rock Blast, Stomp, Strength

Graveler (M) "Punchy", Level 35
Nature: Serious
Moves: Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Rock Throw, Mega Punch

Since i've already beaten the game (i'll post final update there later), I started on SoulSilver. Let's look at the start of that!

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #1

Spoiler:
-Began the game. Chose the boy and named him Arthur.
-Chose Chikorita (I know, it's lame of me to pick a Pokémon that will lead my rival to have the Fire-type starter).
-Went through the usual stuff of meeting Mr. Pokémon, etc.
-Named the rival Merlin.
-Caught a Geodude on Route 46 named ****net.
-Battled the trainers on Routes 30 and 31.
-Arrived in Violet City.
-Caught a Bellsprout on Route 32, which I traded for Onix in Violet City.
-Was called by Joey and told about his top percentage Rattata.
-Caught a Wooper on Route 32 named Arcana.
-Trained Arcana up to Level 9 so she could fight Bellsprouts.
-Scaled the Sprout Tower, beat the Elder and got TM70 for Flash from him.
-Beat the two trainers in the Violet Gym with ****net.
-Trained ****net to Level 11 to get him to learn Rock Throw.
-Got HM06 for Rock Smash.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Falkner!

Violet Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: ****net LV11 - Tackle, Rock Throw, Defense Curl, Rock Polish
Arcana LV12 - Water Gun, Mud Shot, Mud Sport, Tail Whip
Rocky LV6 - Tackle, Harden, Bind, Screech

He starts off with Pidgey while I open with ****net. He opens with Sand-Attack, while I use Rock Polish. Me: Full health, +2 Speed and -1 Accuracy. I use Rock Throw, which hits and kills him in one hit.
Next up is of course, his Pidgeotto. I switch out for Rocky to get rid of the accuracy drop as he uses Gust, which hardly does anything. Me: 15/21 HP. He uses it again, while I hit him with Screech. Him: Full health and -2 Defense, Me: 8/21 HP. Same thing next turn. Him: Full health and -4 Defense, Me: 2/21 HP. I let Rocky be death fodder, then bring in ****net again. He uses Gust for hardly anything, while I kill him in one hit with Rock Throw and end the battle. ****net grows to Level 12 after that.
I probably could have done that without having Rocky faint there, but since my accuracy was lowered from the Pidgey, I figured I might as well cut this thing's Defense as much as I can, and it worked out. Not that I thought I was going to lose, but still, i'd rather do that than use healing items (though I doubt i'll be able to make it through every big battle without them).

-Got the Togepi Egg from Elm's assistant.
-Met with one of the Kimono Girls outside of the Poké Mart.
-Beat all the trainers on Route 32.
-Went through the Union Cave and Route 33.
-Arrived in Azalea Town.
-Beat Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well.
-Beat my rival, Merlin, in Azalea Town. While not hard, he was pretty annoying.
-Went into the Azalea Gym and took on almost all the trainers.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Bugsy!

Azalea Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: ****net LV11 - Tackle, Rock Throw, Defense Curl, Rock Polish
Arcana LV12 - Water Gun, Mud Shot, Mud Sport, Tail Whip
Rocky LV6 - Tackle, Harden, Bind, Screech

He starts off with Scyther while I open with ****net. He uses Leer while I kill him in one hit with Rock Throw. ****net grows to Level 17 after that. Me: 42/44 HP and -1 Defense.
Next up is Metapod. He uses Tackle and gets a critical hit for barely anything, while I almost kill him with Rock Throw. Him: 5% or so HP, Me: 39/44 HP and -1 Defense. He uses his Super Potion while I hit with Magnitude and get a 7, which does okay. He uses Tackle for 1 damage, and I kill him with Rock Throw. ****net grows to Level 18 after that and learns Selfdestruct, which I replace Tackle with.
Finally is Kakuna. He uses Poison Sting for 1 damage while I kill him in one Rock Throw, ending the battle.
Yeah, I didn't think anyone would expect this to be hard.

Here's my team there:

Spoiler:
Geodude (M) "****net", Level 18
Nature: Brave
Moves: Magnitude, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct

Wooper (F) "Arcana", Level 17
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Mud Shot, Slam, Tail Whip, Water Gun

Onix (M) "Rocky", Level 10
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Bind, Rock Throw, Screech, Tackle

Also, to make sure, I can trade over version exclusives (like Gligar and Phanpy) from an Egg or so at any time, yes? While it does seem a bit unfair to trade them over freshly caught, I would have no qualms with that in a game that's terrible for training. :/ I would have done this on HeartGold version, but my copy of that has a lot of stuff on it so I don't want to erase it.
Masuda Method #1 - Shiny Noibat, 2/12/14, 174 eggs
Credit to Lilith for the avatar!

Last edited by Crackle; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: changed the color from silver to gray because it's hardly readable in the former