View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2013 (05:37 PM). Edited August 24th, 2013 by Dominic.
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I honestly don't know how I feel about abortion.

On one hand, I support the point of a woman deciding and being able to do whatever she wants with her body. On the other hand, I think if someone is capable of making the decision to have sex, they should face the consequences that come with it. (I also believe that for the father as well.) If they aren't in a place to have and raise a child, then they should put that child up for adoption.

Though, I also don't agree that adoption is the answer to unwanted pregnancy, especially since the overwhelming majority of children in foster care are unloved and un-nurtured growing up, and that leaves very deep psychological scars and problems for them emotionally. It's not an environment someone should have to grow up in, fueled with the thoughts that a) their own parents didn't want them, and b) nobody does.

Additionally, I recognize that having sex is something a lot of people just do for pure pleasure and fun... on the other hand, I'm one of those people who believe that sex's first function should be in reproduction, and I don't support the whole "You should have worn a condom if you didn't want to have a baby." argument, because I've always been of the belief that the solitary function that condoms had were originally created not to reduce pregnancy, but to reduce the spread of STDs.

I also don't like the idea of cutting a life short. Adversely, I define life as what the dictionary defines life: the moment of birth (defined as the emergence from the womb) to the moment of death.

Soooo... I'm not sure where I stand on this issue.