View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2013 (07:23 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2013 by Maced.
Maced
Bad Egg

This seems fun! I've been looking for questions to ask myself to help develop my characters. I'll do this with the protagonist of the fic I'm workin' on. I also added a few more questions that were asked to others that really resonated with this particular character.

What is your full name?
Anthony Sommers

When and where were you born?
I was born on February 9th, 1996, on a small forgotten island.

Who are/were your parents?
My parents were Alexia and Curtis.

Do you have any family other than your parents?
Only a best friend who I like to consider as a brother.

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
People stuck in the past are unable to work toward a future. They spend more time thinking about what could have been, when they should be focused on, what should they do?

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
I live on a ship and sail the oceans of the Hoenn region. My shipmates are a rambunctious group of people, but they're very dedicated to what we do. I might even be a little more respected then the 'captain'.

What do you do for a living?
Need I say more? We sail the seas and do whatever we can to survive.

Do you have any special abilities?
Just a man and his will.

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.

I'm 5'10 and 140 pounds. My eyes are brown, and my hair is some sort of light-brown color. My style of dress? Well, I don't have much of a wardrobe. I also don't bathe and wash my clothes as very often as I would like.

To which social class do you belong?
Is that how society discriminates itself? Who's poor and who's rich? I'm in a class all of my own.

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
No...but I do tend to overthink.

What does your voice sound like?
You tell me.

What do you have in your pockets?
Let me see...I have this switchblade and some loose change.

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Ha-ha, again, you tell me.

What is your current state of mind?
You have a nice necklace around your neck. Is that real gold?

You know Team Plasma is up to no good. Will you actively stand up to them?
Team what?...Who cares.

Is being a trainer the career you would readily choose?
Pokémon battling is a pissing match used to protect a person's ego. Pokémon trainers are weak. They settle disputes by having others fight for them. I don't like to see pokemon battle each other. I much rather have them on my side. They should work together with humans, doing things that don't involve them killing other Pokémon.

If I was a trainer, I wouldn't have my pokemon battle somebody I personally wouldn't punch in the face.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I don't know.

Have you had any Pokemon partners so far? If no, would you like to get one?
I don't have or want a pokemon.

What is your favorite species of Pokemon?
Fire pokemon are brutal, and for some reason, I like them.

Don't you hate the fact that there's no police to tackle such obnoxious people? (xD I know I do)
They don't always have to be a uniformed man with a badge on their chest.

Have you ever fallen in love? A crush, perhaps?
The only real crush I had, when I was a kid, was with a girl named Susanne. She was a girl who lived on the Isle I was born on. I'm pretty sure she isn't alive anymore, after all, my friend and I were the only survivors of that Isle. Yeah, and don't ask me how, because I really want to find out too.

What of your education? Have you gone to a trainer's school?
My mom taught me how to read and write.

Do you have any memory of your dad you'd feel comfortable sharing with us?
Dad was great, he taught me how to swim in the ocean, how to catch dinner, how to cut a tree down with a stick and a rock, all sort of neat survival things.

Do you have any sort of criminal record in the past?
Some people might consider me a criminal.

Are you honest with other people, or have you been lying to us all along? You sound and look older than 18, if you don't mind me saying.
I'll be 18 next year. Go ahead and think what you want, but I've been telling you the truth all along. I have no reason to lie.

Who, what or with who would you die for (otherwise go to the extremes)?
Nobody but my shipmates. We might be what you consider a family.