View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2013 (10:22 PM).
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by JNathan:
JNathan here. My first time stepping here actually. I've been wanting to post stories but something bugs me : I can't make chapters. Yes, I don't know when and where to end a chapter.
You don't have to post chaptered fics here. You can post one shots here too (basically a story not meant to be with chapters). Lately in other places I write one shots that range from 200 to over 5,000 words. If you still want to do a longer piece, I tend to end my chapters during a dramatic point (sometimes cliffhangers, mostly not) or after. I would also end a chapter if I know the next part will take place at a different time (hours, days, weeks. months later). Otherwise you can always still write your story and worry about how to break it into parts later. Wish you luck!

My high school English classes I read a range of books as I was in both honors and AP classes. I'm counting books I read during the summer too, lol.

9th grade

The Education of Little Tree, The Pearl, The Chocolate War, Romeo and Juliet, Separate Peace

10th grade

Great Expectations, Les Miserables, Julius Caesar (again, my teacher loves it ._. ), Fahrenheit 451, Animal Farm, The Good Earth,

11th grade

Great Gatbsy, Frankenstein, Brave New World, 1984, Catcher in the Rye. I think The Bell Jar also.

12th grade

Hamlet, Pride and Prejudice, Native Son, Canterbury Tales, Old Man and the Sea

I also read Huck Finn (for summer reading) and Heart of Darkness, but can't remember when haha.

Current FF&W Challenges and Discussions
Flash Fiction Week #11
Genre of the week (Choose Your Own Adventure) and Do your research
2015 Writing Blitz Challenge(Coming soon!)

[The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet] [ Tumblr]
[Partner in Crime] [Cousin]