View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Darkroman

Nature: Adamant
Shay-Shay: Your mixes are done well, but as I'm not completely into the music you're making, I don't have anything else to say.

PokemonComposer: It's awesome you're doing mixes with live recorded instruments. If you play them all, you have more talent than me. Also your Wii shop channel reminds me of the music from the original Sims. However, and I don't mean to sound harsh here, but they all sound really off-beat. The rhythm and timing is just not there! Also your Battle Frontier Orchestral remix... well, you can't just take a MIDI file and replace each instrument with strings, brass, woodwinds and orchestra percussion. Add some dynamics there, a creative bassline brass, and that muted trumpet doesn't go well with the song. Also, I'm not sure what's up with that hi-hat metronome. Did you use airfont 380 for your orchestral composition?
To answer your question about my Goldenrod City rearrangement. No I wasn't attempting it with high quality soundfonts. I used the same soundfont that's in the Pokemon DS games. I also tried your idea of adding in some lower octave strings before I put it up on youtube, but it just didn't have the feeling I was going for.

Genevieve: I couldn't load your myspace music since it was a restricted profile. Your movies were cute and cheesy XD. Not sure what to say about your medleys.

As for me.. well, I did a Pokemon DS soundfont rearrangement of the FFX Normal Battle theme. Now I've attempted an FFX remaster (dear god help me) of the Normal Battle theme. It's not perfect, but I tried my best (as I am now) at it. I'm always open to criticism!