Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:
-Returned to Cianwood City.
-Beat two of the trainers in the Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Chuck!

Cianwood Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Arcana LV29 / Quick Claw - Surf, Mud Shot, Water Gun, Amnesia
Gareth LV31 - Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Peck, Double Kick
Rocky LV29 - Tackle, Screech, Headbutt, Rock Tomb
Marhaus LV29 - Selfdestruct, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Polish
Morgause LV22 - Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Fury Swipes, Strength

He starts off with Primeape while I open with Arcana. He begins with Double Team (ugh), but I hit him with Mud Shot, lowering his Speed. Him: 70% or so HP, +1 Evasion and -1 Speed. He then uses Rock Slide, which doesn't do much at all, while I hit him with another Mud Shot. Him: 1/3 or so HP, +1 Evasion and -2 Speed. He tightens his focus, but I hit through the evasion with Mud Shot yet again and kill him.
Next up is Poliwrath. He decides to not waste any time and tighten his focus, and I use Mud Shot…and miss. Yeah, AFTER I get rid of the evasion noob is when I miss. And I take a big hit. Me: 32/102 HP. He tries to use it again, but I hit with Mud Shot, lower his Speed and break his focus. I switch in Marhaus as death fodder for Focus Punch, and he does indeed die in one hit. I bring in Gareth and use Thunderbolt, which comes short of killing him, but his Sitrus Berry activates and he uses Surf. Him: 35% or so HP and -1 Speed, Me: 23/101 HP. I kill him with Thunderbolt and end the battle.

-Got HM02 for Fly from Chuck's wife.
-Went west to Route 47 and 48, battling the trainers there.
-Arrived at the Safari Zone Gate.
-Caught a Geodude in the Safari Zone to show to Baoba.
-Put Morgause back in the Daycare.
-Taught TM28 for Dig to Rocky.
-Went back to Mahogany Town and took on the trainers in the Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Pryce!

Mahogany Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV32 / Choice Specs - Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Peck, Double Kick
Arcana LV32 / Quick Claw - Surf, Mud Shot, Yawn, Water Gun
Rocky LV32 / Shell Bell - Dig, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech
Marhaus LV29 - Magnitude, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct, Rock Polish

He starts off with Seel while I open with Gareth. I use Thunderbolt, which kills him in one hit.
Next up is Dewgong. Okay, good, because if it was Piloswine I would have been forced to switch because of the Choice Specs. I use Thunderbolt, which doesn't quite kill him, and he uses Aurora Beam, which hits rather hard. Him: 1/4 or so HP, Me: 32/104 HP. I use a Lemonade just to see what he's gonna do…and he uses Ice Shard, so I was right to do that! Me: 72/104 HP. I use Thunderbolt and finish him off. Gareth grows to Level 33 after that.
Finally is Piloswine. I switch out to Marhaus, while he misses with Blizzard. Unfortunately, he hits with it next turn and kills me. So I bring in Arcana, and he uses Blizzard again, which does less than half while I hit him with Surf and knock him to his Sitrus Berry. Him: 48% or so HP, Me: 60/108 HP. He misses with Blizzard, and I hit him with one more Surf, killing him and ending the battle.

-Was told by Professor Elm to go to Goldenrod and confront Team Rocket.
-Was disguised as a Team Rocket grunt, but Merlin busted my disguise. Y U BUST MY DISGUISE BRO?
-Beat the grunts and found Petrel up top.
-Beat Petrel; he should have been a breeze, but I misclicked and used Mud Shot first turn while Arcana was locked in with the Choice Specs, then Weezing used Smokescreen after I got Arcana in and tried to use Surf. After that, when I switched in Arcana again, he used Smokescreen and I missed more than once. Anyway, I got the Basement Key from him.
-Met with one of the Kimono Girls in Goldenrod Tunnel.
-Took on Merlin and beat him. Golbat was easily OHKOed by Choice Specs Thunderbolt from Gareth, Sneasel was disposed of by Rocky, Quilava was helpless against Arcana, and Haunter and Magnemite were beaten by Gareth's Fire Blast.
-Beat the rest of the grunts, they were all all easy and boring.
-Made it through the tunnel and got the Card Key.
-Beat the last three Executives. Proton was easy, Ariana was a little problematic, and Archer got very unlucky. With that, I got the Silver Wing.
-Healed my Pokémon, good riddance.

So here's my team:

Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 34
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 35
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Mud Shot, Surf, Water Gun, Yawn

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 34
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Dig, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 37
Nature: Rash
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Double Kick, Fire Blast, Peck, Thunderbolt

Sandslash (F) "Morgause", Level 23 (in Daycare)
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Poison Sting, Strength, Fury Swipes, Sand-Attack