View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Ew, mushy lovey advice.

Anyway, ugh I hate that I'm actually using this thread for something like this, but I'm really at a loss here and I'd like more a general answer than the ones I've gotten from specific people that I know really well.

1. Is it considered weird to talk to someone for the first time over Facebook, or should I keep pushing for face to face conversation? Like, actually carry a conversation. The "Hi, I'm so-and-so" I've had with them doesn't count as talking. I have social anxiety so talking to people isn't my forte, especially when I'm the one that is gonna have to take the first step here.

2. This is mainly aimed at guys, but girls can answer too really. Do you think it's weird when girls take initiative in talking to someone and making the moves? Does it come off as creepy or trying too hard or something? I've just generally noticed that guys tend to think that when girls try to get close to a guy, they're crazy or weird or psycho, but if a guy does it, it seems to be totally fine and cute. idk. I'm at a loss here. lol

I really can't believe I'm using this thread for this omg. v_v Good thing no one I know irl goes here.
1: Personally, I'd recommend Facebook first since you could use it to segue into real-life interactions. Sooner or later you'll end up doing both, but it'd be much easier to get the ball rolling on Facebook. You're not a stranger to this person since you've gotten your introduction out of the way so you won't be working from scratch. It'll be a cinch.

2: Nah, it's not weird or creepy unless the actions themselves are weird or creepy. Initiating conversations and arranging get-togethers are good beginnings, but nailing confessions to his front door or burning your name in his yard might be a little too...Well, just don't do that.