View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:06 AM
atomtanned

I don't think everyone is negative the games before they come out... I think the negativity is the most noticeable sometimes, but I've seen a LOT of people getting very excited about these new games.

I do agree that a lot of the negativity is due to nostalgia and the fear that new features will "ruin" future games... but I don't understand this viewpoint anyways. There is still a very active group of people playing Diamond & Pearl, and those games were released in 2007, almost 7 years ago... if people don't like the direction that the new games are going in, they don't have to buy them, and unlike most franchises, there is still a super active community surrounding the old games. It's not like everyone is going to stop playing Gen V games the second X and Y come out.

And even if no one else in the world was playing the older games, who's stopping people from enjoying the old games themselves? I still replay games that are absolutely ancient. I have replayed my copy of Link to the Past on SNES dozens of times. That game is over 20 years old. I don't get how people can let their nostalgia keep them from enjoying something new & different. No one is taking their old games away.

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog