View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2013 (01:32 PM). Edited September 1st, 2013 by Cirrus.
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by François:
I disagree that Shock Master is an OP card. He is very powerful, but not particularly easy to make. It's also not overly meta relevant - recent meta decks do not have the ability to spam triple material rank 4s. I can see it as a pre-emptive strike against Xyz Infernities, but aside from that it only removes a weapon lower tier decks have. I agree that free searching is annoying, but Abyss-sphere and Abyssteus provide similar consistency. Hitting them not only leaves Atlanteans intact, but hurts Mermails without making them more linear. Diva however is an extremely powerful card, worthy of a hit on principal.

Divine Wind is only dumb because of self-interaction. One free level 4 per turn is fine. The problem is that Divine Wind's once per turn clause is of the weaker variety, so replacing it with a new copy allows re-use and subsequent abuse. I do strongly dislike hitting Duel Terminal cards, though. Seems a bit cruel to put so many cards with genuine uses on the banlist because Konami were so incredibly lazy with their restrictions.
Shock Master ends games for some decks. Name Monster for Agents / Chaos Dragon or Spell for Prophecy; instant game over. And as we've seen from the banlist, Konami dislikes instant game over cards. It does not need to be spammed for it to be OP. As for triple material rank 4s with ease ... aren't you overlooking your own deck? I'm sure a few other decks other than Harpies can do it, though. Doesn't matter if they're not as good as meta, Shock Master is extremely toxic. (Also, Verz and Constellar can make it without too much fuss ... keep Kerykeion or Sombre around for a turn, welp. Constellar just likes Pleiades a lot so it will be a rare day in which they make Shock Master unless it's to perform virtual lockdown, because Pleiades locks equally hard.)

Diva is strong by itself and stronger in tandem with Heavy Infantry, and although you are correct that Sphere and Teus give consistency, it removes the ability for the deck to search just any Sea Serpent (for example ... Moulinglacia, Heavy Infantry, or ... DIVA). Pike and Teus are not able to search out just any monster you want, and do so at the loss of resources in hand - in exchange for pluses on the field sometimes or a lot of the time, sure, but Dragoons is just like WHATEVER I'M GONNA PITCH THIS THOUGHTLESSLY AND GET A FREE SEARCH YOLO. I don't have much to say about Sphere except that it's pretty strong, and Mermail would have suffered a lot if both Dragoons and Sphere had been hit.

Obviously one free level 4 is fine! So are the baby dragons without Super Rejuvenation (that's a little bit of a stretch but not too much of one, plus there are other examples). Konami needs to ban with respect to abuse cases. If you will recall, Divine Wind was printed earlier, before Konami started doing the restrictions in a more limited style; after all, Mist Valley was printed in the time of Brionac, and Divine Wind, in Storm of Ragnarok.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.