View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013 (08:04 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2013 by Negix.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
Quote originally posted by Le pug:
if you're inserting your own tileset, make sure it's the right size ( height x width ) which is different between FR/LG and R/S/E. if you don't have the correct palette also, your images might look like big square images filled with the transparent color. If this is a problem just open up Show Palette Editor under Palette in block editor and edit the colors to exactly the same 16 colors of your tileset. You usually have up to 12 palettes to work with so you can have all different color schemes for your tileset as long as you match the tileset to it's palette.

as for the access violation, it might be the version advancemap you're using. If you're using AdvanceMap 1.95, try switching to AdvanceMap 1.92. That or you might have accidentally broken something. Try restarting the program in this case. Sometimes there are things we do that can corrupt the file, which is why you should always have a backup file and just like a game, save often to your backup just in case you hit a wall.
I'm using the version 1.92 of Advance Map and yes, by restarting the program it goes back to how it was originally. The problem is inserting the tileset into the Emerald ROM. I didn't touch the width at all but I made the height just a little bit longer because I need space to insert a few new trees. But exactly when I insert it, I get that error.

Edit: Ok everything didn't crash now the only thing that did pop up was something about the dib being invalid.