View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
*Disclaimer: The answers given over the course of this interview do not entirely reflect the character's true feelings on the subjects.*

What is your full name?
I'm Xiu Lim, but nobody really actually cares about your last name unless you're super rich like the Beifongs and the Satos so just call me Xiu.
When and where were you born?
A small farming village in the United Republic of Nations during the mid-3rd century ASC. What? Of course I know what year I was born! I don't need to be telling you everything though, do I?
Who are/were your parents?
My dad's name is Xiang and my mom is Ning. They're farmers at that same farming village I mentioned before and from what they tell me, they're happy there. They don't hesitate to tell me how much they miss me with every letter, though, haha.
Do you have any family other than your parents?
No, not really. I'm an only child and all my grandparents are dead. I do have a few uncles, aunts, and cousins, but they all live in Republic City and don't really talk to my family much. There's probably some bad blood there. Who knows, maybe I'll visit them one day and see if I can set things right.
Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
When I was five, me and a lot of other five-year-olds were taken by the Order of the White Lotus to "Avatar training camp," was what they called it. They pushed and tested us to try and find out if one of us was the one whether we wanted it or not. I was one of the latter. I didn't want anything to do with the camp or being the avatar, but get this. It turned out that I was the Avatar! Isn't that funny? Ahahaha, haha, ha...
Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
Right now I live in a White Lotus compound that's near Republic City but not quite in it. The Order takes care of everything I need and the sentries are nice people, although I wish they would go out and have some fun every once in a while. My bending masters were also good people, although some were tougher than others like my earthbending master and my firebending master, both of whom are just a little bit upset over my lack of progress. Well, maybe more than a little.
What do you do for a living?
Promise not to go around telling everyone? I'm the actually sort of the Avatar! Well, I guess I already told you that so it isn't that much of a surprise, but that's what I do. I mean, I'm not actually doing any real "Avatar stuff" yet since I'm still in training, but I'll get there!
Do you have any special abilities?
Let's see... Metalbending, airbending, and waterbending are some. I'm also good at sewing, drawing, and I can operate a telegraph pretty well too. Charisma and popularity is a special ability too, isn't it? There's probably some other things, but you get the idea.
Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
I'm a petite young girl and my height is about average. My eyes are green and my long hair is black. I work very hard to keep myself looking good. Part of this is wearing nice clothes that I proudly made myself. The dresses I make and wear would make some of the richest people in Republic City green with envy. Okay, maybe not, but they're still pretty nice.
To which social class do you belong?
I'm not too sure how to answer that. I was born on a farm, so that's definitely a lower class, but I'm not exactly sure if being the Avatar is considered high-class, or middle. For all I know, it could still be considered lower class.
Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
I'm physically weak in the first place. Of course, not that I'd have any reason to be strong anyway. What modern girl needs to be buffed out? Well, unless they're a pro-bender or some sort of thug, I guess. They could also just like working out, but I don't.
What does your voice sound like?
I've been told that my voice is smooth and silky like my hair, or is like the dulcet tones of a beautiful symphony, or something like that, but those were just things that guys said to me when they were trying to get me to go out with them. I guess I'd just describe it as high, a soprano maybe, and I try to speak clearly.
What do you have in your pockets?
This dress doesn't have any pockets, but my bag has just about everything a girl would need.
Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
No, nothing I'll admit to at least. Some people have actually come up to me and accused me of being "too perfect," though, but I don't think that's true.

Last edited by Geras32; September 2nd, 2013 at 11:05 PM.