The FOXHOUND Challenge
View Single Post
September 3rd, 2013 (9:32 PM). Edited September 6th, 2013 by Mp3beast.
Master of Sound
The FOXHOUND Challenge
If you've ever played Metal Gear Solid, you'll know who the members of FOXHOUND are. If not, you'll have to google it, because I'm too new to post links. ANYHOW, I was wondering what it would take to build a Pokemon team as strong as FOXHOUND, what with all the different types and all. I decided to make it a challenge to see how others would build the dream FOXHOUND Pokemon team. I feel like it'll be easy to complete, but super hard to beat the master form of this challenge because of all the optional rules. Oh, and game-wise, you should be able to play this with any game 3rd gen or higher.
-Build a party of 6 Pokemon, each representing a member of the FOXHOUND unit.
-Enter the Hall of Fame
1. No cheats/trading (unless required to evolve a Pokemon)
2. You can only catch the required 6 Pokemon (gifted Pokemon must be put in the PC or released)
3. HM slaves and Shinies are the only exception to the above rule
4. Only one legendary allowed (and begrudgingly at that).
5. Each Pokemon must have all of the "Required Traits" and at least one "Possible Trait".
6. Follow that classic Nuzlocke Rule: If you get a white out its Game Over.
7. Your first FOXHOUND member should be obtainable before the 3rd Gym (It shouldn't be that hard).
8. Until the first FOXHOUND member is caught, rules #2, 5, and 6 can be ignored.
You cannot enter victory road until you have your FOXHOUND party.
Optional Rules (Select all for Mastery):
1. All Pokemon nicknamed after character they represent
2. All Pokemon must have the nature specified below in the Character Details section.
3. Only Poke balls can be used.
4. Only the Sniper Wolf Pokemon can use items/have items used on it (due to Sniper Wolf's use of drugs to steady her aim)
5. Additional Pokemon must be caught to represent Solid Snake, Colonel Campbell, Otacon, and Grey Fox. (Research them Yourself)
6. No legendaries at all may be captured/used.
7. Follow as many of the "Possible Traits" as possible. (Not really a rule per se, but makes the challenge more entertaining)
Please note that I don't go too far into detail, I just give what I deem to be necessary information, so if you wish to find more in-depth guides to these characters so that you can select Pokemon that represent them better, be my guest to look them up. (As I've already stated, I can;t put links to wiki pages.)
Liquid Snake: Leader of the team, a clone, and very serious.
Snake-like Poke, some genetically modified Poke, Serious nature
Revolver Ocelot: Expert in torture, master of handguns and trick-shots. Has lots of potential as a Poke.
Mammal, Last Evolution (oldest member), Bold nature
: Male, High Sp. Atk, at least one "Torture Attack" (Toxic, etc.)
Decoy Octopus: master of disguise, able to change voice, shape, and even blood type.
Literal "Octopus" Pokemon (Octillary), can be male or genderless (since Ditto/Mew are genderless), Timid nature
One "mirroring move" (Transform, Mirror Move, Metronome, etc.), If the Poke is not a Ditto or Mew it must be male.
Ice-Type (raised in the Arctic), Flying-Type, Rash nature, "Suicide Move" (selfdestruct, explosion, etc.), Huge Power Ability
Male, high Def
Sniper Wolf: the beautiful and deadly sharpshooter. Gets along well with (oddly enough) wolves.
Dog/Wolf-style Poke, Poison-Type, knows Lock-On, Calm nature
Female (finally!), knows Attract, must always have a hold item (this can be ignored if following optional rule #4)
Psycho Mantis: the insane telekinetic killer. Literally loves to kill and has super awesome psychic powers.
Illusion ability, Intimidate ability, knows Future Sight, Sassy nature
And here's the signup!
Optional Rules Used: (if all, just put mastery)
That being said, here's my signup!
Optional Rules: All Pokemon nicknamed, only use Poke balls, obtain as many "Possible Traits" as possible
-Caught a Female Poochyena (Sniper Wolf)
-Helped Wally catch his Ralts
Owner of the FOXHOUND Challenge!
Ig you want to battle or trade PM me and we'll exchange Friend Codes!
-I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.-
Joined Aug 2013
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Mp3beast
Find all posts by Mp3beast
Find threads started by Mp3beast
Ignore Posts by Mp3beast