View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:21 AM
bigmac909

Help applying the physical/special split to roms?

From what I understand, you need the patch for FR/Emerald, then you have to use a hex editor to change the values of a certain byte. That's all good and well, but has anybody made a guide for doing this? I know a few hacks have incorporated it, so there must be some method to it all...

I finally found a move list on Bulbapedia, that I can only pray is indeed in the right order. So I have to find pound in the hex editor, but then... I would have to find a move that needs to be changed, then count down the rows from pound until I'm at what I believe to be the right row, and change the byte?

Please tell me there's a list out there of the moves that need changing and what their addresses are.

And just to be clear, this is something that's absolutely necessary, right? I need to do this so that the moves have the right physical/special characteristic? This isn't just to make the menu say how it's physical instead of special, or vice versa, right?

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated, because this is something I've been looking into on and off for at least a year.