View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3shark View Post
These are some good ideas. The ability to make pokemon light or dark at will sounds interesting! Leveling up light/shadow pokemon is a great risk/reward mechanic as well. But what's special about "light" pokemon, and how are they different from "shadow" pokemon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulGuroRose View Post
What I had been thinking was that Shadow and Light Pokémon would have very similar issues battle wise. Light Pokémon are also the opposite to shadow in that, opposed to having closed hearts, their emotions run too freely. Light Pokémon would also have a hyper mode, which would have the same drawbacks as its shadow counterpart.

What I'm going to change about the Shadow leveling (and Light, as well) is that they can level, but with each level, they are more likely to disobey the trainer. Kind of like a traded Pokémon. Eventually, it will reach a certain point where the trainer will have to purify the Pokémon, because they would be literally unable to command it. Perhaps they'd even inflict minor damage to the other Pokémon in the team, but I don't know about that yet.

And when their hearts are unlocked, Shadow Pokémon become normal again. You also have to 'unlock the hearts' of Light Pokémon, and they become normal as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3shark View Post
The "purify chamber" picture is intriguing. What do the numbers, "tempo", and "flow" mean?
it refers to how well they will be purified, the goal is to have 4 pokemon who have a type advatage against the next, while having a type disadvantage to the previous, depending on how it is set up the (I believe) tempo gets higher, while if there are 4 the flow is the highest

the numbers refer to the chambers available, there are 9 - meaning a total of 9 shadow pokemon will be able to be purified at a time

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~