Old September 8th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Firecircuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
I'm a victim for "packaging the whole thing as new genuine",
The moment I took out the Sapphire and Ruby game paks from their boxes,
I knew that something was wrong.
The color of the game paks were red for Ruby and blue for Sapphire,
but was in wrong hue, I know the difference because my classmates had real and legit ones back in the day and my brother's owns a real Japanese Sapphire.

I thought that I might be thinking too much,
so I tested the game myself and then the save file got deleted.
I tried playing up to Slateport, because a patch of water tile near the pier in Slateport will appear glitch-y if the games are fake, from what I know that has something to do with memories.
Finally any Gen IV games will not detect the Pal Park system if the games are fake, and will also delete the save data of the fake games. From these check ups I decided that this is 100% counterfeit.
My fake Emerald was also an in-box fake, and when I couldn't get past the E4, my elementary school self was devastated haha. But yeah actually, buying used is a good way to avoid fakes. Like if you pay attention on ebay and watch/read the bootleg game guides/articles, you can easily pick out a majority of the fakes apart just from what the cartridge looks like, let alone the interior and playability which you can test after you buy.

I'm actually very surprised that Nintendo hasn't taken the opportunity for easy money by putting gens. 1-3 up on the 3DS eshop. Of course it would take a bit of work to replace link cable with wifi, and if they wanted to add trading from the gen 3 games to DPPtHGSS (or maybe X and Y?) there would definitely be more work there, but I think the profits would be worth it for them.