View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Manska
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Jolly
This sounds like a really cool idea. Got two characters from a fic still on the drawing board for ya

Bastion, an Eevee
Spoiler:
  • What is your full name?
Hi there! I’m Bastion, though most pokemon just call me Bas.
  • When and where were you born?
I was born about six cycles ago in the Glade.
  • Who are/were your parents?
My Mom is a Leafeon named Shae and my Da a Flareon named Marlo. My Mom looks after a lot of the other pokemon’s kits and my Da is a hunter.
  • Do you have any family other than your parents?
I have a brother, Ash, who is a year older than me and a Vaporeon, but he lives on the outskirts of the group mostly nowadays with some of his friends. Mom says there are some Meowth that we’re related to way down south but I’ve never met any of them.
  • Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
It’s kinda boring around here so there’s not really much to tell worth a story. The only thing really worth a story I can think of is how my brother evolved. It was winter about three cycles back and my brother had been going on and on and on about how he wanted to be a Flareon like Da pretty much ever since I was old enough to understand him talking. Then when the winter came he ignored Da’s advice and was playing about on the frozen river and fell right through! He was okay though, the shock made him evolve into a Vaporeon and he just spent a while fused into the water sulking before he came back up.
  • Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
I live in a area of forest claimed by a clan of Eevee in the Grand Forest, I think we’re somewhere near the center of it. I’ve never been outside the forest or really very far into it - there are lots of dangerous pokemon in there - so I can’t say where the Forest itself is. There are a couple dozen of us living here with most of the older pokemon being either Leafeon or Vaporeon, though we have a few Glaceon that evolved in the winter. I live in the center of our territory in an area we call the glade. It’s a pretty big clearing surrounded by thick bushes and brambles with a river running through it and a massive tree with droopy leaves in the middle! Most of the really old or young members of the clan live here as well as my Mom and some of the other mothers.

It’s pretty boring around here really. We’re well protected and nothing ever happens. We have a group of REALLY strong Leafeon that protect us from any other pokemon or humans that try to attack us. After they took down that group of Absol that had been killing everything in the area noone messes with us or comes near our territory. They’re a bit too good actually; hunters have to go farther out to hunt for food because even the prey pokemon won’t chance coming near us usually. That’s why I want to be a hunter, so I’ll get the chance to leave the territory a bit and see some pokemon that aren’t Eevee.
  • What do you do for a living?
I’m not old enough to do anything like that yet, but when I am I want to be a hunter and gather help gather food for everyone like my dad!
  • Do you have any special abilities?
Not really. I’m kinda good at sneaking about in the forest but not really much better than anyone else who wants to be a hunter. Or like, any of the Leafeon.
  • Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.

Well, I’m an Eevee; looking pretty much identical is kinda an Eevee thing; we have different shades in our fur and stuff that let others recognise us but they can’t really be described easily. I’m a bit small for my age but aside from my scent that’s really the only way I differ from the other unevolved Eevee.
  • To which social class do you belong?
Social class? You mean like who tells the others what to do right? We have Kain, the Espeon who leads the clan, but other than him everyone is pretty much just does whatever we need to do to survive.
  • Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
Eevee are pretty weak compared to most of the stuff around here but that’ll change when I evolve. Cheri Berries make my mouth swell up a bit when I eat them but I can still do it . Not that I would want to, they taste horrible!
  • What does your voice sound like?
High pitched, but all Eevee sound like that! It’ll change when I evolve, or if I get really really old as an Eevee.
  • What do you have in your pockets?
What are pockets?
  • Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Uhh, well I can be a bit restless sometimes. I don’t really like sitting still so I wander off a lot and explore. Mom says that I’m too “excitable” or something and that I ask too many questions but I think she’s just lazy sometimes.

Celia, a Quilava

Spoiler:
  • What is your full name?
Celia. I’m from the Bernhorn family but we don’t really use our families names as last names like you humans do.
  • When and where were you born?
Eight months ago when my mother was making a trip south. My mother met my father on the trip and my egg ended up hatching as they were returning here.
  • Who are/were your parents?
I was born to a Flareon named Alicia and a Typholsion names Marcus. My mother is one of the colony’s medics and my father was one of the warriors until he was captured by a trainer.
  • Do you have any family other than your parents?
I grew up with plenty of tales about my family and how they defended the colony but none of them are actually alive.
  • Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
My parents loved going south on trips to the beach, especially my father since he had originally lived there. Back when I was a really young cyndaquil they took me down on a trip with them, but along the way we were attacked by a trainer. I was so young that I can’t really remember much of it, just fire and snarling, but when my mother told me later she said my father took down several of the human’s pokemon and gave the thing itself a nasty burn before he was captured. I got the scar on my shoulder during the fight; a graveller belonging to the trainer used some sort of rock attack and I got hit my a piece of debris.
  • Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
I live in a colony of pokemon in the Hoenn region, situated around the western edge of Lake Pyre and south of the large forest below the human town of Fortree that the locals call the Grand Forest. There are a couple hundred pokemon altogether living in the colony and we’re pretty much the largest organised group of pokemon this side of the continent. The colony is actually made up of one large group around the lakeside and several smaller groups around them but we all think of ourselves as one.

Up until a while ago I lived with my mother near the lakeside but now I’m living in a small cave system near the north-western edge of our territory with the warrior I’m apprenticed to and a few others. Darel is a Ninetales; gruff, old and tough as nails but he’s a good teacher. Most of the other warriors here are young and arrogant, I suppose like I would be if I didn’t have Darel smacking me down when my ego gets too inflated. Most of the experienced warriors have been called down to the south since things are worse off down there which means that our little outpost is undermanned and underskilled.

The colony used to be a safe place to live but nowadays it’s getting more and more dangerous. Something is pushing even some of the more dangerous loners in the Grand Forest south out of their homes and into us and there have been rumours of organised groups attacking the south. Things are mostly unchanged in lakeside but many of the farther out groups are starting to get nervous.
  • What do you do for a living?
I’m currently in training to be a member of the Guard, a warrior defending the colony.
  • Do you have any special abilities?
I’ve gotten the hang of flamethrower earlier in my life than most, though I still have trouble stoking my flames hot enough to use it properly.
  • Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
The dark blue section of my fur is a bit lighter than it is on most of my kind, something my mother tells me I got from my father. My flames are also slightly bigger and more wavy than most Quilava. I have a small scar on my shoulder.
  • To which social class do you belong?
There isn’t really much of a social structure within the colony, it’s mostly just a large group of peaceful pokemon that live together. I suppose I’m kinda as close to middle/upper as we really have since as a warrior I actually have a defined job and some respect for it, rather than just doing whatever needs doing at the moment. The Guard is ogranised obviously so that we can actually do our job but that’s about it for hierarchy within the colony.
  • Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
My shoulder aches and gets very stiff if I get too cold, but then for a pokemon with inbuilt flames getting cold is a very bad thing in itself. Other than that I’m young and healthy.
  • What does your voice sound like?
I couldn’t say really, only ever heard it in my own head. Some of the others round here say that it’s quiet and soft but they’re mostly loudmouths who can;t get enough of hearing themselves speak so I’m not sure how much their opinion on the matter can be trusted.
  • What do you have in your pockets?
I’m a pokemon, I don’t have pockets. I do usually keep a Sitrus berry tied around my neck for emergencies.
  • Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I’m a bit snarky and seem unsociable, I will admit. I don’t tend to get along with strangers or people that I’ve just met and can be very impatient with people who are wasting my time. Darel sometimes says that I’m arrogant and have a bad temper.