View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2013 (02:40 PM).
We can't go home, not anymore
Super Moderator

Nature: Calm
Before I get to my list, I think I should straighten some things out. Overrated means that the pokemon doesn't deserve the praise it gets because people treat it like it's a lot better than it actually is. A pokemon isn't overrated simply because you don't like it. Here's what I mean:
Quote originally posted by Crobatrules20:
"OMG FERROTHORN HAS TWO WEAKNESSES AND AMAZING DEFENSES AND CAN SET UP STEALTH ROCK AND SPIKES AND CAN ANNOY MY OPPONENT WITH THUNDER WAVE OR LEECH SEED AND CAN EVEN ATTACK WITH POWER WHIP / GYRO BALL"
You've posted nothing but positives here and why it does deserve all the praise. What about Ferrothorn that makes it lacking for you?

Gen 1 - Charizard, I'll go with the group and say Charizard for plenty of reasons that people before me have stated. It looks cool though.

Gen 2 - Scizor, I'll admit, Scizor is an incredibly powerful pokemon, but I've never really had a problem disposing of it. Just about any physical wall with a fire type move can easily counter it. Even Tangrowth, with a type disadvantage and mine has HP ice instead of fire, has almost no problem taking it down if focus blast hits enough.

Gen 3 - Breloom, let me get one thing straight, I love Breloom. It's a powerful pokemon and a great addition to my grass team, but it's completely shut down by ghosts, dragons, or physical walls. It has a fierce reputation that is well deserved for unprepared teams, but it is a threat that can be easily countered.

Gen 4 - Honchkrow, it's a good attacker, but its frail defenses means that even a resisted attack will do a good amount of damage. It's not even that fast, so a good number of pokemon can counter it, even if it's weak to brave birds.

Gen 5 - Terrakoin, this legendary finds its happy little home on several OU teams. However, this pokemon is immediately shut down by priority. It's typing makes it so that one well-placed mach punch can quickly end its reign of terror. It might be just me, but I never had a problem taking it down.