View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013 (01:59 AM). Edited September 17th, 2013 by Cutlerine.
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
I want to get back to this feeling too ;; been years since I felt like that truly. I'm becoming a chemist now, haha, but I doubt I'd ever be successful in the writing world anyways. We do it mostly for ourselves and to let our wild imagination be expressed instead of banging on our heads from the inside, maybe.
Quote originally posted by Slayr231:
You want to know what I just realized? I just realized that there's nothing like the feeling of being stuck on how to continue for a couple weeks. It's so aggravating seeing the story you worked so hard on collect dust because you can't think of a way on how to continue. Today, I just broke through my writer's block and wrote probably my favorite part of my entire fic. I realized that there isn't a feeling like that and I get a certain rush when I write, a rush that I want to feel again and again. But the most important thing I realized, is that starting college wanting to become a mechanical engineer might not be the best thing for me. I realized that writing might just be the thing I want to do for the rest of my life.
There's nothing to stop you two doing both. In fact, it's probably better for someone who wants to write to have another, more applicable skill; writers have bills to pay and food to buy as much as anyone else, and they don't make much money. We'd all like to be writers and just writers - but success of even the minor sort is hard to come by in that world, and it's much more realistic to keep on going towards something else in the meantime. Something that will provide an income.

I have zero expectation of ever attaining any measure of success at all in any field of art; that doesn't mean I'm not going to try. It just means that I'm going to have to do something else in the meantime, and write at the weekends and at midnight.

Quote originally posted by Slayr231:
I've got to agree with RHCP (sorry, didn't feel like typing out your entire name) on this one, you should quote this in your signature, you'll probably get more attention. I'm guessing that this pertains to you current fic, "Cracked, or how the love of seafood saved Unova"?
Nope. That's been going on since last year; the story I'm referring to there is only a few days old, and not even fully formed in my mind. It's pretty different from anything I've written before, and I'm not sure I even have the skill to write it yet - but that's not going to stop me from trying.

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
This might be one of the most interesting premises I've ever heard of.
Thank you. It does get weirder. As is so often the case, the fish is not all that it seems to be.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.