View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
One of my favorite OC from one of the comic books I hope to create.

Ricochet

Little Background: Has the ability to make bullets bounce of him due to an accident that happened years ago.

What is your full name?
I was born Richard Chetner, but my friends call me Dick. I don't particularly like it. *laughs*

When and where were you born?
I was born in Red City, Nevada in 1963. It was a huge city. Gigantic. I've heard New York ain't got [censored] on it.

Who are/were your parents?
My parents were Daniel and Michelle Chetner. They were good people. Loved me dearly. Broke their hearts when I headed to RCU.

Do you have any family other than your parents?
I do. I have a wife, I met her in 1989 Nanya and a son. Richard Jr. I love him so much. We had a hard time taking care of him. I had to take a crap-ton of loan's just to survive. Not that I blame our son. No, not at all. Just a fact.

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
Well I became Ricochet, the hero of Red City a long time ago. As I said, I took out a lot of loans to support my family. Once I couldn't make the payments, they started harassing my family. Calling me day in and day out. It wasn't until 1996, the year of "the accident" did my life change forever. On the 12th of October. I was on my way home and a group of thugs, I suspect collectors for my loans, grabbed and carted me to, uh, to a wax factory. Waxing Smarts, was the companies name, they're closed now, if I remember correctly. As they were driving me to the factory, I speed dialed the police so they could track my location. Hoped that would get me before I got [censored]. *laughs*. They held me on a cat walk above a giant vat of wax inside the factory and just... they just tossed me off the cat walk. I remember about 30 seconds of being in that wax before I blacked out. Next thing I know, I'm in a hospital. My body feels stiff. My family was there. Personally relieved that those [censored] didn't hurt my family. Two days later I get released.

Police were calling a lot, asking how I ended up in that wax. I wanted to protect my family, so I told them I fell while I was being chased by rabid dog. Don't know if they believed me, didn't really matter. As far as I was concerned there were no collectors.

2 days after that, I get a call. From the collectors. Turns out they found out I hadn't died. They tell me-they say: "Come down to the North Side Docks" I say: "Leave my family alone." they say: "We promise we will, just come to the docks." So what do I do? I go. I take their word for it.

I, uh, I write a note to my family, saying I can't be with them. Truly the hardest thing I could have ever done. Told her that so much debt piled up, she and Jr. would be safer without me in their lives.

So I head to the date with destiny and those guys are right there. Waiting for me. Guns drawn and everything. They tell me-they say: "Gonna' make sure you're dead this time." so they shoot me. What do you think happens, huh? Guess. Bullets bounce off me like Superman. "Bing-ping-zing" right off.

Eventually they get scared and shoot some more. Bullets going every where. They bounce off me, eventually, and go into them. Both of them dead. I wouldn't call the circumstances "Murder" per se, more so. Assisted Suicide. *laughs*.

Really not convinced. I did the stupidest thing I could ever think to do, you ready for this. I shoot myself in the head, literally! Pick up a gun from the dead-guys. Put the muzzle to my head and pulled that [censored]ed trigger. What do you think happens? "Zing" that bullets bounces off my head and right back into the gun. Explodes in my hand. Hurt like a [censored]. *laughs*

So now, I think I'm invincible, right? Superman for sure. I hear sirens though. Heard the shots, I'm sure. So I book it to the warehouse on the docks there. Hid until they left. Decide that I'm going to go home, see my family once more before I vanish for good.

I get "home." and wait at the fence. See more-[censored]ed thugs pull up. Ready to kill them both. Without even thinking, without even questioning the motives. I just rushed up. Grabbed my son's baseball bat off the lawn. Bullets still bouncing off me. *laughs* and I just... I just beat 'em. Didn't kill them. They ran before that. I look into the window of my house... and I ... I see my family looking at me... Wondering who the hell I am. You know? I nod once more and I run off. Sirens ring through the night. Nanya must of called the cops.

On my way to wherever the hell I was going. I remembered I wanted to be a police officer and thought this... this thing I had... this power to take bullets... and go with it. I mean a police officer was out of the question, right? Killed two guys in the dock. Didn't have the merit to be a police officer. Wouldn't do it if I could. So I went vigilante. From afar I would keep an eye on my family. I made an eye mask and grabbed a fedora. Got a long trench coat. Changed my name Ricochet. So I was born.

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.

I live by myself in the North Side Dock's Warehouse. Just me and my thoughts.

What do you do for a living?

*laughs* Didn't I make it clear? Vigilante... Like a Batman or something. *laughs*. Not a superhero, god no. Just a ... just a tough skinned [censored].

Do you have any special abilities?

Went over this. Did you forget already? *laughs* Uh. The wax hardened enough on my skin to make it so ballistics can't hurt me. They sting, I mean, yeah. But they don't kill me. I'm also a decent fighter. Little crazy, but decent. *laughs*

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.

I'm, uh, what? About five-eleven? Something like? two-hundred and ten pounds. I have blue eyes see. *pulls bottom eye lid down.* I wear a trench coat, fedora and eye mask at all times. I can't even hint that that guy who saved Nanya and Jr. in 1996 was me.

To which social class do you belong?

Uh, Vigilante I think you would call it?

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?

No I'm a healthy guy. Physically fit. However, the only thing that my "powers" don't protect me against is brute force. *laughs* seriously! If I get hit by a car, I'd be as dead as anyone else.

What does your voice sound like?

Not deep, average adult voice. Kind of high.

What do you have in your pockets?

Notepad, chewed up pencil, hand drawn map of Red City... or what's left of it. *laughs*

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Uh. Very paranoid. I think my time in the wax made me a little skittish. But I mean, who wouldn't, right? When I'm writing I chew on that pencil like taffy. But yeah that's me.

Thanks for your time, guys!

Richard "Dick/Ricochet" Chetner