The Date of Birth Challenge
View Single Post
September 24th, 2013 (3:51 PM). Edited September 24th, 2013 by Captain Oshawott.
The Otter Pirate
On the High Seas, plunderin' doubloons!
Originally Posted by
Hello one and all and welcome to the Date of Birth Challenge! The premise is simple, your DOB dictates your team members, this may result in some very interesting combinations! Here's how it works:
1. Take the day you were born, and add it to the month and the last two digits of the year.
2. Take the day you were born and multiply it by the Generation of game you are playing.
3. Take the month you were born in and multiply it by the Generation of the game you are playing, squared.
- a)If you were born in December, January or February, select an Ice type of your choice.
- b)If you were born in March, April or May, select a Grass type of your choice.
- c)If you were born in June, July or August, select a Fire type of your choice.
- d)If you were born in September, October or November, select a Rock type of your choice.
- a)If you were born in December, January or February, select a Black Pokemon of your choice.
- b)If you were born in March, April or May, select a Yellow Pokemon of your choice.
- c)If you were born in June, July or August, select a Gray Pokemon of your choice.
- d)If you were born in September, October or November, select a Purple Pokemon of your choice.
6. The first Pokemon found on the route that corresponds to the month you were born in.
For the first three Pokemon picking rules, take the resultant number, and the Pokemon you get is the Pokemon that corresponds to that number in the Regional Dex of your selected game. If the number exceeds the number of Pokemon in your Regional Dex of choice, simply half it, and if necessary, round up up to the nearest number to obtain your Pokemon! As I understand this can all be a bit confusing, I have provided an example below.
There are some problems with the Pokemon choosing process. I plan on attempting this on Gold/Silver. Below should be my team, based on your specifications.
1. January 3rd, 1995. 1+3+95=99. #99 is Kingler.
2. Gold/Silver is Gen. 2. 3x2= 6. #6 is Charizard.
3. 1x2^2= 4. #4 is Charmander. *See something here?*
6. Route 1 isn't available in Gold/Silver until the Kanto Region.
My concerns here are: What do I do about the whole 'Charizard/Charmander' deal? It seems kind of unnecessary to have two Charizards in my team. Also, because route 1 isn't available until later in the game, does this mean I have to roll with only five Pokemon until that point, or what do I do?
Once my questions are answered, I would gladly like to make my sign up. This is a very interesting challenge though.
The Captain's Crew:
Joined Aug 2013
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Captain Oshawott
Find all posts by Captain Oshawott
Find threads started by Captain Oshawott
Ignore Posts by Captain Oshawott