Thread: [Gallery] Elaynii's Junk
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2013 (09:34 PM).
Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Alexial357:
Wow. Sorry it took me so long to comment on this!

Once again, you've managed to amaze me.

I love this line, I really do. I especially love how delightfully twisted it is. Like a mix between everything I like about Mismagius and Gothitelle. I don't know if that's where you drew inspiration from (probably not considering you said this design has been with you for a while and you didn't based it off of anything in particular soo) but you've managed to capture the essence of the two -- pretty much the essence of what makes a Ghost type Pokemon -- while still being so uniquely your own.

It.... that watermark though. ;o; I know, I know.. but it really does get in the way of the finer details around the face; specifically Chiby's. But hey, that's nitpicking at this point. You know you're accomplished, is there anything I could say that you haven't already heard?

Seriously though, another awesome update and another stunning line. You should do this more often! xD
Hah, thank you!

You're right; I didn't base them off of either of those Pokémon. Though, their coloration was heavily inspired by Mismagius. It loved how the purple complimented the pink they added in, so I thought I would make use of the purple. It was originally much darker, but thanks to some fine people on deviantART, they helped me with the entire color scheme. I wanted the line to be very... wicked, despite the cute appearance. Chiby is supposedly the souls of infants while Chibaki lives up to her name; a small brat. Chioras is my favorite by far, but Chibaki holds a special place with me. She was the first fakemon I ever drafted, so... I am quite attached to her.

As for the watermark... aside from commissions, I'll remove them from future pieces. Since I'll have them on my page over on dA, I shouldn't have to worry. <3 I guess I'm a little paranoid, that's all. Well, even with watermarks, people will still steal something so I guess I'll just have to take that risk.

Quote originally posted by ShinyNuzLover:
These are... some of the best peices of Pokemon concept art I've seen. And I've seen a lot of concept art.
D'aww.
You're much too kind, dear. <3 Thank you!!

ANYWAYS!

I might as well dump some more stuff off here. I've got two recently finished point commissions that I am very proud of. They're Ashnix and Freenix; both property of AshnixsLaw on deviantART.

Ashnix
Spoiler:

Freenix
Spoiler:

Ashnix had no reference of pose, but it came out quite dynamic. The commissioner wanted a different pose for Freenix, so we both agreed that we could base it off of Articuno's sprite from Pokémon Conquest. I will admit... I had a horrible time with the ice, but I guess for a majority of it and a friend helped me out with the rest; I am very happy with it, despite all of my guesswork.

Next up, three new fossil fakemon are going to be revealed soon!

I've got the two 'main' fossils coming up, plus a little bonus fossil you get. Once I get the last one colored, I'll post all three of them. :3