View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2013 (08:13 AM). Edited October 19th, 2013 by OffRoadSP.
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
October 15, 2013

Dream World: Conkeldurr. Found: nothing new; Volbeat that knows Trick.
Dream World 2: Sunflora. Found: female Tympole with the ability Water Absorb.

October 16, 2013

Dream World: Throh. Found: nothing new; Aipom that knows Fake Out.
Dream World 2: Ampharos. Found: Karrablast that knows Megahorn.

I’m getting so very anxious to visit this Kalos region I keep hearing so much about. But first I have to stop Team Plasma!

I checked out the Hidden Grotto on Route 22, and caught an Amoongus with the special ability Regenerator.

Then I proceeded into the Giant Chasm to do some exploring, as well as to try to find Team Plasma. Not far into the cave, I came across a wild Sneasel! I sent out Absol to battle it, figuring a dark-type would be a good way to catch a dark-type. I had my Absol use Slash to weaken it. I threw a Poké Ball, and caught it on the first try with a critical capture! I caught a Sneasel! I’m getting closer to finishing my Unova journey, and completing the Pokédex. I wonder if there are any other Pokémon I have left to find in Unova?

283. Sneasel

October 17, 2013

Dream World: Sawk. Found: nothing at all.
Dream World 2: Weezing. Found: Cottonee that can use Worry Seed.

I finished exploring the Giant Chasm cave, and found an exit that comes out not far from Lacunosa Town, where I was first told about Kyurem. I then went deeper into the cave, and it finally opened up onto a large crater. In the center of the crater was the Team Plasma Frigate, surrounded by ice. Just ahead of me, I saw Hugh, Rood, and a group of former Team Plasma members trying to talk some sense into the current Team Plasma grunts that were following Zinzolin. They did not seem to be succeeding. Hugh was battling many of the grunts, still searching for his sister’s Purrloin. I decided to make for the Plasma Frigate.

I saw several wild Pokémon in the area, and was shocked to see one in particular: a Ditto! It used Transform to copy my Metang, but my Metang did well battling it. I threw a Poké Ball and caught it!

“Ditto, the Transform Pokémon. Ditto have the ability to reconstitute their entire cellular structure to change into whatever they see. They return to normal when they relax.”

284. Ditto

I then boarded the Plasma Frigate. There were plenty of grunts onboard that I battled through. During my battles, my Metang evolved into Metagross!

“Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon, and the evolved form of Metang. Metagross have four brains, which give them the intelligence of a supercomputer. They use complex calculations to analyze foes.”

285. Metagross

October 18, 2013

I fought Zinzolin yet again, and defeated him. Then, I finally found Kyurem in a lab on the frigate, and it looks like the lab belongs to Colress! He went on about how he wants to bring out the full potential of Pokémon by whatever means possible, whether by the love and care a trainer has towards his Pokémon, or forcibly through technology. I told him I’d show him the power of my Pokémon, and so we had a battle. His Pokémon have become much stronger than the last time we met, but my Pokémon were able to win. It wasn’t an easy battle though! His Klinklang holding an Air Balloon was an unexpected twist.

After defeating him, I discovered the true mastermind behind Team Plasma’s actions. It was Ghetsis! He planned on conquering Unova by using Kyurem’s power to freeze all who stood in his way. I was going to attack, but the Shadow Triad showed up and covered his escape. Hugh entered at that point and finally found the Purrloin he was seeking. It was now a Liepard, now under the control of one of the Shadow Triad. I sent out my Pokémon to battle all three of them. They used an annoying number of Pawniards, as well as a few other Pokémon. After a long hard fight, I defeated them.

I chased Ghetsis off of the Plasma Frigate and into a cave at the back of the crater. Apparently, this is where Ghetsis captured Kyurem. And now both of them stand in front of me in the frozen cave!

“Kyurem, the Boundary Pokémon. Kyurem can produce ultracold air. It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out. This legendary ice Pokémon waits for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with truth or ideals.”

Ghetsis ordered Kyurem to use Glaciate to freeze me solid. I was unable to dodge such a powerful attack, but I didn’t have to. Suddenly, I heard a voice cry out:

“Reshiram, Fusion Flare!”

It was N! Riding in on Reshiram, he had it counter Kyurem’s Glaciate. But it seems that Ghetsis planned for this. He used the DNA Splicers he stole from Opelucid City, and ordered Kyurem to attack Reshiram. Reshiram tried to dodge Kyurem’s attacks, but eventually Kyurem struck, and Reshiram was reduced to the Light Stone! Then, at the order of Ghetsis, Kyurem absorbed the Light Stone, and changed its form. It became White Kyurem, a combination of Kyurem’s and Reshiram’s bodies!

N and I stared in horror, unsure what to do. Then I felt my Poké Balls shaking. All six of my Pokémon let themselves out! Electivire, Sandslash, Seviper, Absol, Metagross, and Grimer all had the angriest of looks on their faces.

“We won’t stand for this!” I yelled. “We have to save both Reshiram and Kyurem! Grimer, use Ice Punch!”

My Pokémon attacked, landing a hit on the legendary Pokémon. But Kyurem used Ice Burn, and knocked out Grimer.

“Grimer, return! You did your best! Ok, time for a powerhouse! Metagross, Meteor Mash!”
Metagross moved very quickly due to its Light Metal ability, and struck a critical hit with Meteor Mash!

“Great job, Metagross!” I yelled. “Finish it with Bullet Punch!”

My Metagross quickly attacked with a barrage of steel punches, and White Kyurem was knocked out! The two Pokémon were separated, and Kyurem flew off and finally escaped Ghetsis’s clutches!

Ghetsis was not too happy about that on bit, so he attacked for a full six-on-six battle! It was a long and tough battle, and I needed all six of my Pokémon to very slowly but surely beat each of his Pokémon, and finally defeat him! Also, Ghetsis had a Pokémon I have yet to see in Unova on his team.

“Toxicroak, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, and the evolved form of Croagunk. Toxicroak have a poison sac at their throats. The croaking that they produce before a battle is for churning the poison they have stored in this sac.”

With Ghetsis’s defeat, the Shadow Triad teleported away with him, N flew off on Reshiram, and Colress took off in the Plasma Frigate, apparently convinced that true friendship between Pokémon and trainer is the best way to bring a Pokémon to its full potential.

Team Plasma is finally no more.

Back at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town, I was awarded two more medals, since it looks like Metagross was the last of these types of Pokémon I needed to catch in Unova:

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 88/125
New Medals:
Psychic-type Catcher
Steel-type Catcher
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 63 Obtained 42
Kalos Medals: 80
Kalos Ribbons: 10