View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Byrdy7

Ultimate Fire Monotype Update 3

Game: Firered

Pre-Elite Four Diary:
Spoiler:
After defeating Gary, I headed off towards Celadon City. Going through Route 7 and 8 I battled all the trainers attempting to raise Monty a few levels. When I reached the town I head straight for the gym where all the pokemon were taken out with Monty's Ember and later Flame Wheel.
After defeating the fourth gym I headed to the Game Corner and battled the Team Rocket member standing inside. I followed him down the stairs which lead into the Rocket Base. After taking out all of the grunts I face the boss Giovanni. His ground pokemon stood no chance against Smaug's Wing Attack and Monty's Bite after defeating him I received the Silph Scope.
I went back to the Pokemon Tower and defeated the Marowak to find Team Rocket were in the top floor. After beating all their trainers, I rescued Mr Fuji who rewarded me with the PokeFlute.
Now after taking out Team Rocket (Again), I decided to go south to the Poison Gym of Fuschia City. Heading down Route 16/17/18 to battle all the bikers to train up Monty a bit more helped a lot. When I reached Fuschia I challenged the Gym straight away. Koga's Pokemon stood no chance against Monty's Flame Wheel and Smaug's Flamethrower!
After taking out another gym I headed to safari zone where I got Surf and the Gold Teeth. I gave the Gold Teeth to an old man in exchange for Strength.
I then headed to Silph Co which was fairly easy but required a lot of running around, a man gave me a Lapras which I use as an HM slave. I found Giovanni again and defeated him easily enough. I was rewarded with a Master Ball (yay?). I went to the Saffron Gym (my memory is a bit hazy as it was fairly late but I know I bet the gym). After going to bed and waking up I returned to my adventure. I flew to Pallet Town and surfed south towards Cinnabar Island.
On the island I went to the Mansion which was very tedious but I finished it easily enough. I then went to the gym and got all the answers right. Blaine (his name right? I can't be bothered checking) went down fairly easy with a fair bit of Rock Throw and Fly.
I then saw Bill who showed me to One Island. I went and caught a Ponyta on Kindle Road. Phar was the newest member of my team.
I then went through the weird side story and rescued the little girl and delivered the Meteorite. More importantly I trained up Phar a bit on the big pokemon in the forest!
I went back to Viridian City where I challenged Giovanni, his pokemon stood no chance to Smaug's Steel Wing. After beating the 8th and final gym I headed to Victory Road where my nostalgia kicked in and I knew exactly what to do. I went through the cave in a few minutes (15 or so). After a fair bit of grinding I was ready to challenge the Elite Four with my team of three.

Elite Four Diary:
Spoiler:
First Battle - Lorelei

Dewgong - Died easily with Smaug's Rock Slide
Cloyster - Died with Smaug's Rock Slide
Lapras - Died with Smaug's Rock Slide
Slowbro - Died from Monty's Bite
Jynx - Died with Monty's Extremespeed and Bite

(I taught Smaug Earthquake instead of Rock Slide between battles)

Second Battle - Bruno

Onix - Died with Smaug's Earthquake
Hitmonchan - Died with Smaug's Fly
Machamp - Died from Monty's Flamethrower and Extremespeed
Onix - Died from Smaug's Earthquake
Hitmonlee - Died from Smaug's Fly

Third Battle - Agatha

Gengar - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Golbat - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Arbok - Lost to Smaug's Earthquake
Gengar - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Haunter - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower

Fourth Battle - Lance

Gyrados - Lost to Monty's Flamethrower
Aerodactyl - Lost to Smaug's Flamethrower
Dragonair - Lost to Phar's Double Edge and Monty's Extreme Speed. Killed Phar.
Dragonair - Lost to Monty's Extreme speed
Dragonite - Lost to Smaug's Mega Kick. Killed Smaug. Then died to Monty's Extreme speed and Bite.

Champion Battle - Gary

Pidgeot - Lost to Monty's Flamethrower
Rhydon - Lost to Smaug's Earthquake and Monty's Bite. Smaug Died and was Revived
Blastiose - Killed Smaug and Monty but they both dealt a bit of damage and Phar finished him off with Double-Edge
Alakazam - Died from Phar's Fire Blast
Exeggutor - Died from Phar's Fire Blast
Arcanine - Died to Smaug's Earthquake

Team:
Spoiler:
Smaug the Charizard Lv60
Fly
Mega kick
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Phar the Rapidash Lv56
Bounce