View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2013 (07:59 PM).
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
October 19, 2013

Dream World: Leavanny. Found: nothing new; female Shuppet with the ability Cursed Body.
Dream World 2: Arcanine. Found: Maractus that can use Leech Seed.

I finished training the team of Pokémon that helped me beat Team Plasma, then sent the five back to Professor Juniper for retirement. I had the professor then send me Raticate, Vibrava, Tangela, and Seel. With my Grimer, that makes five.

“I finished studying your Pelipper you caught a few weeks ago,” Juniper told me. “It’s got quite a sassy nature, and is a little quick-tempered. It’s picked a few fights with some of your other Pokémon.”

“Well, my Grimer likes to fight, so they should get along,” I replied with a laugh.

“It’s just an unusual personality for a Pelipper to have,” she continued. “Still, it might mean you could have success teaching it a variety of attacks. Should I send it over to you?”

“Yes, please,” I said. “I’d like to start training with it a bit.”

I received the Poké Ball from the transfer. I had my Grimer play a bit with it at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town. The only moves it knows are Brine, Stockpile, Swallow, and Spit Up, so I really need to improve that first. So we started to work on learning Ice Beam!

I travelled back to Green Grimer Avenue, and stopped in at Alex’s Colosseum to do some training with Pelipper. First, I gave it a bunch of Protein and Zinc, and even a half dozen Resist Wings. Then we trained its attack power, and followed it up with some special defense training. After a hard work out, I treated it to Bistro Leah for some treats and Salon Flint for some grooming.

October 20, 2013

I took the team out to a new area for some training and exploration: Route 23! On the way there from Lacunosa Town, my Tangela evolved into Tangrowth!

286. Tangrowth

The trainers we battled on Route 23 were quite tough. I guess I should have expected that, though, as we are very close to Victory Road. During a battle with a trainer who had a Sawk, I decided to work on another new move with Pelipper. I won the battle easily, and Pelipper learned Aerial Ace!

Dream World: Scolipede. Found: nothing new; female Grimer with the ability Poison Touch.
Dream World 2: Magmortar. Found: female Maractus with the ability Storm Drain.

I reached the Badge Check Gate at the entrance to Victory Road. N was there, waiting for me. He wanted to thank me for helping him see that Pokémon battles and Pokémon trainers are about more than just keeping Pokémon in captivity, that both Pokémon and humans work together and help each other out. He thanked me for defeating Team Plasma, and wished me luck on the rest of my journey. Then he left. I feel that may be the last I see of him.

I decided to backtrack and explore another new area called the Abundant Shine. It is said to be a shrine to the legendary Pokémon Landorus, and is just off Route 14. When I stopped at the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, I found I had earned another medal. Tangrowth was the last grass-type Pokémon I had to obtain in Unova!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 89/125
New Medals:
Grass-type Catcher

During my exploration on the area, I battled a handful of Pokémon trainers, and my Seel evolved into Dewgong!

“Dewgong, the Sea Lion Pokémon, and the evolved form of Seel. Dewgong have streamlined bodies that have low resistance as they swim around cold oceans at a speed of eight knots. In snow, the pure white coats covering their bodies obscure them from predators.”

287. Dewgong

I finished seeing the whole area, and found the shrine to Landorus. I wonder what would happen if I brought the Landorus I caught using the Dream Radar here? I might have to explore that later. I also found a Hidden Grotto tucked in the back corner, and caught a Psyduck with the special ability Swift Swim! I got lucky with a critical capture on that one I think. Finally, as I was leaving the area, I saw some wild Vulpix running near the fields!

“Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon. Vulpix control balls of fire. As they grow, their six tails split from their tips to make more tails. As each tail grows, their fur becomes more lustrous. When held, they feel slightly warm.”

I hadn’t seen Vulpix yet in Unova, so I chased a few around, and eventually caught one in a Poké Ball without even battling it!

288. Vulpix

So I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, and I found I had earned yet another medal towards the medal rally!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 90/126
New Medals:
Evolution Expert

I did a little more training with my current team, and my Vibrava evolved into Flygon! Just a dozen more Unova Pokémon to go!

289. Flygon
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 63 Obtained 42
Kalos Medals: 80
Kalos Ribbons: 10