View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
October 22, 2013

I sent my new Golduck to Professor Juniper to check out. I then had her send me four more Pokémon to come with Pelipper and Grimer. This time Crobat, Gligar, Vigoroth, and my recently caught Vulpix get a turn. I’ll need a Razor Fang if I want Gligar to evolve though, since I haven’t come across one yet. I figure the best place to look is the area where I caught Gligar. So I decided to head towards Route 11, training my team along the way.

Dream World: Lilligant. Found: nothing new; female Wooper with the ability Unaware.
Dream World 2: Muk. Found: Tympole that can use Earth Power.

October 23, 2013

Dream World: Darmanitan. Found: nothing new; female Cubone with the ability Battle Armor.
Dream World 2: Jolteon. Found: Maractus that can use the move Spikes.

I did some training late that evening, and since I did find a Razor Fang the other day, my Gligar evolved into Gliscor!

“Gliscor, the Fang Scorp Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gligar. Gliscor dance silently through the sky. If they succeed in catching even a faint breeze properly, they can circle the globe without flapping once. When they approach prey, they can land critical hits in an instant.”

290. Gliscor

October 24, 2013

I did some more training with the team, and I had a Fire Stone in my bag, so I gave it to Vulpix so it could evolve into Ninetales!

“Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vulpix. Ninetales can live for a thousand years. Their nine tails are said to be imbued with a mystic, supernatural power.”

291. Ninetales

Dream World: Maractus. Found: nothing new; Carnivine that can use Rage Powder.
Dream World 2: Flareon. Found: Heatmor that can use Heat Wave.

October 25, 2013

Dream World: Garbodor. Found: nothing new; Magby that knows the move Thunderpunch.
Dream World 2: Leafeon. Found: nothing new.

October 26, 2013

While exploring the Giant Chasm again, I found Ghetsis trying to capture Kyurem again. This time, he was using the DNA splicers to fuse it with Zekrom! When Black Kyurem attacked, my Pokémon were able to rise to the challenge and defeat it, thanks in large part to Vigoroth’s Yawn and Gliscor’s immunity to electric attacks. After the battle, my Vigoroth evolved into Slaking! It was then thanks to Slaking’s power, boosted by having its ability changed from Truant to Mummy during the battle, which allowed us to have a much easier time than the last time defeating Ghetsis again.

“Slaking, the Lazy Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vigoroth. Slaking are the world’s laziest Pokémon and they live lying on their sides. They only roll over and move when there is no more grass to eat. When they are lounging during battle, they are actually saving energy for striking back.”

292. Slaking

Back at the Pokémon Center, I received a medal since Ninetales was the last fire-type Pokémon for me to find in Unova.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 91/126
New Medals:
Fire-type Catcher

Then I rotated my team, retiring Crobat, Gliscor, Ninetales, and Slaking, and having Muk, Shuckle, Sneasel, and Corphish sent to me. Wait… since it’s still pretty early on a Saturday, maybe I’ll hold off on Sneasel for now. I switched it out for Ditto. I’ve got a full day with no other priorities, so time to get some solid Pokémon training in so I can wrap things up in Unova!

I took my Pokémon back to the Giant Chasm for some training, and my Corphish evolved into Crawdaunt!

“Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokémon, and the evolved form of Corphish. Crawdaunt love to battle. They pinch all Pokémon that enter their territories with their pincers and throw them out from their ponds.”

293. Crawdaunt

Next I went to Route 23, and spent the entire afternoon there training. Once I returned to Lacunosa Town, I was awarded another medal.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 92/126
New Medals:
Water-type Catcher

So I retired those four Pokémon, and had Steelix, Sneasel, and Tropius sent to me. Since I still had Grimer and Pelipper with me, I asked Professor Juniper to send me my new Golduck.

“Your Golduck is quite a serious Pokémon,” Professor Juniper explained. “We’ve found it to be very finicky, too. Other than that, it’s fairly average.”

When I received Golduck, I scanned it with my Pokédex to see what moves it knows. Screech, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail, and Soak. I’d rather focus on teaching it some special attacks rather than having it know these physical ones, so we’ll work on that.

Dream World: Amoongus. Found: nothing new; Ralts that knows Helping Hand.
Dream World 2: Roserade. Found: female Shelmet with the ability Overcoat.

I gave Golduck some vitamins to begin its training. It got HP Up, Calcium, and Zinc. Then I took Pelipper and Golduck to Alex’s Colosseum on Green Grimer Avenue for some significant training. When we were done there, I treated them to some power meals at Bistro Leah. Next, it was off to Nimbasa City’s Sports Domes to give the whole team some training. Then as we traveled to Driftveil City, I worked on teaching Golduck the move Scald. Once in Driftveil, there was a move tutor there who helped teach my Pelipper the move Seed Bomb! I figured that would be an interesting move for it to learn.

Finally, I returned to Route 23, where my Sneasel evolved into Weavile!

294. Weavile
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 106 Obtained 85
Kalos Medals: 83
Kalos Ribbons: 11